1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Favourite Fishing Pic

Discussion in 'Snaps From Dav' started by GJW, Jan 1, 2008.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

This has to be my best Fishing pic.....so far.. :wink:

[​IMG]

Roll on the Summer...would love to see other forum members favourite pic, it might not be your biggest fish just something what really catches what our great sport is all about, i think my Pollack pic sums up my summer fishing, blue sky, sunny day, big smile, :happy: :happy:

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

where did you catch that one gjw

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

It was at one of your Favourite Pollack marks big cliff, near the mull of galloway, it was the spot were you have to walk 2 miles fight off the mad bull, climb under the electric fence the climb down a cliff face,, but the smile shows it was worth it,, think its called Jacko's Head or summit like that... :yes: :yes: :laugh:

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Very nice pic thatone ...... :cool: :cool:

5. newdave

newdave Guest

I just bought a book about kayaking the west of Scotland, I was thinking that it would be a good way to get to some more remote marks & definitely safe from the Bull :happy: either to fish from the kayak or take the spinning gear ashore ? The scenery is certainly spectacular when its not raining

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thats right newdave, i love it up there especially when its not raining, i use to love it on a calm summer evening when we had the caravan up there i would just sit out looking across Luce bay not a ripple on the water and think to myself it just doesn't get any better than this..
    But when the weathers bad its awful...When we go adventuring up there looking for new marks there is loads of rocky points that stick out into the tide and areas that you know would fish there socks off, but no way down to them so i say fishing from a kayak would be the way to go, you would just have to watch the tides because at certain times the tide becomes very strong at some spots especially at Lagvag and the inside of the mull, its like white water rafting, and if you got in that i think next stop would be the Isle of Man... :scare:
    I have seen the odd yaker come past while i have been fishing some remote spots..It worth thinking about it has loads of potential.... :happy: :happy: and like you say you would'nt have to fight off Angry Bulls,, but i have seen the odd whale pop up just 50yrd out also Porbeagle Sharks and plenty of big Seals.. so they may put the poo's up you, if one popped up next to you unexpectedly.. :surprise: :surprise: :scare: :scared:

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

good pic that gary :cool:

8. woody

woody New Member

i have been pollock fishing from one of ian burrets boats we went from port logan all the way to the mull very good fishing all 20 yrds from the shore our best method on the boats was a strip of mackril on a 4/0 float fished set at 20 ft i had over 30 fish up to 7lb in the day ,baza was with us.what a stunning place . there is serious potential for the kayak angler. bass ,big pollock and tope are not too far away either :yes: :yes: :yes:

9. camwfiley

camwfiley New Member

good pic and a nice pollock well done :happy: