1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Best Catch To Date

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Rossco99, Mar 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rossco99

Rossco99 Whitby Fishing Forum

Well seeing as you guys have all had to put up with the ongoing nonsense lately I thought I'd share my best shore fish to date.
    It's a little dated now if you are on FB
    Last November during a club match I managed to catch the heaviest fish of the night, a Ling of 18lb 11oz
    Later on was weighed and verified at 18lb 6oz 3dr on the Butchers scale but it was several days before I could get this done so dehydration had kicked in and I lost around 5oz
    After A LOT of messing around, signatures from witnesses to the capture witnesses to the weights and TRADING STANDARDS going into weigh the scales I become the new Scottish Record Holder for the species caught from the shore beating the previous record by over 6lb
    As I say a little dated now but still as proud as punch :)
    12295297_919630608128374_1497671847752876354_n.jpg Ling.jpg 12666254_225232247818302_1816588760_n.jpg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats some fish from the shore, they go a bit from a boat so can only imagine it pulled a fair bit from the shore

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveLee

SteveLee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Congratulations on the Cracking fish mate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Awesome. Well done.
    Can we ask where?
    Not specifically, but rock/deep? Loch/sea? East or West? Vaguely?

Nice certificate for a toilet wall or a man shed!
    :)

5. Rossco99

Rossco99 Whitby Fishing Forum

Sorry I didn't mean to leave the mark out, it's been in the papers so not a secret haha

Loch Etive my home from home :)

• Like Like x 1