1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiplier for plug rod

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike_, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

hmmmm twinpower 2000 or 2500 exage????decisions decisions :whatever:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Buy one or each! I'm sure your lass won't mind! :wounded:

3. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

she'll never find out mate :tease: think i'll go for the twinpower,maybe get some more megabass lures too :whistle:

4. mike_

mike_ New Member

yeh didn't miss much lads -bloody freezing and like a sandstorm :wounded: to cap it off -on one of the casts i let it go to early went about 40yrd and dug in the sand so i stuck me thumb on it to stop the spool and my thumb melted the line :sick: :angry: line shouldest melt like that should it ?

mike

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

err, no :scared: Something isn't right there matey, either the line is faulty or you've got some seriously hot fingers! :wounded:

Flash b#gger! You are a tackle tart of the highest order :cool: :embarrass: (wish I was!!)

6. mike_

mike_ New Member

i think phils only taking us along sam to carry all his fancy gear :suspious: - just hope he doesn't expect use to dive in to retrieve his snagged £30 lures :cry: :laugh: :laugh:

mike

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: I think you might be right there Mike, he can ask us to retrieve his snagged lures but I know what the answer will be :no: :evil: :whistle:

8. mike_

mike_ New Member

twinpower is a better spec - dont know about the size (2000 or 2500)- what about a twinpower 2500 ?

mike

9. mike_

mike_ New Member

i dont mind carrying all his fish back to the car park tho :yes: :cheesy:

mike

10. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

haha i'll need a donkey to carry all me gear along the beach lol ya cheeky buggers!! :surprise: i opted for the 2000twinpower as the line spec still holds around 110yds of 10lb mono so it should hold ample braid for what i'll do,its a used model like. the blokey i know has a few similar so he's sold me one jst waitin of it comin now :cheesy:
    sounds nasty on the line melt mike buy some lures to cheer yaself up :yes: it'll make ya feel better.
    have you seen those lure retrieval things with short chain links on attached to a piece of thin rope???
    have ordered 2 lures too, a vision 110 prop darter and a do-rum 120 thought i'd give it a go as its one i'd not known about till you mentioned it sam...hopefully it'll be here in time an i'll fetch it along

11. mike_

mike_ New Member

-nice reel - i bet that setup weighs next to nothing ,just what you want for a good plugging session without getting tired. what weight lures will you be using.

mike

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Just be down to Runswick for a few hours this evening, only had one bite and that wasn't much :cry: Looking forward to lure fishing the place though, roll on summer (and the 15th!).
    The only problem I can see Phil is that you may have trouble getting the wheelbarrow you need for all your lures over the rocks :embarrass: Tell you what Phil, just to help you out I'll look after the new Megabass lures for you :wink: wouldn't want you putting your back out carrying all that extra weight :tease:
    Keen to see what your new reels will be like Phil/Mike :yes:

13. mike_

mike_ New Member

should of said you were going sam - could of nipped down, went down the beach again, new pb of 120 yrds :embarrass: no blisters on me thumb tho :cheesy:
    were you ledgering sam

mike

14. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

well i'm hopin it wont weigh over much mike,the ususal setup is a bit heavier but good for abuse the shimano rods :cheesy: you's are more than welcome to try it out. i'll have a rucksack and two rods/reels...hopefully if this second reel comes :embarrass: will have to remember me packed lunch an all else i'll starve lol cos dont think the fish'll be bitin awa much so best not hold me breath :death:
    jst thought....i could loan a beach tractor hehe :laugh:

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I would of done Mike but it was literally a spur of the moment decision to go fishing, I might be down there on Tuesday night. If I am I let you know. I was fishing with bottoom baits for Cod (well, anything I guess) last night, very slow :cry:

Aye, I'm not expecting much either Phil but I'm looking forward to it. I'm keen to have a look further round past the rocks and see what is about anyway, should help to know the place better ready for summer :wink:

I'll be taking just the one rod, keeping everything nice and light. I'm treating more as an exploring day and have a crack on to be honest, should be a laugh.

16. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

yes should be a good laugh and good bit crack. we could probs follow the tide out and round if you want to go the rocks way??a guy's been into work this morning to get some weights off me...guess what he has for sale....a shimano 2500 twin power xt brand new with two spools..wants 55quid for it so i said i'll take it and he'll fetch it in for me :cheesy: fancy a bit of live baiting?????

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

£55! Sweet, can't argue with that matey.

Aye, figured it would be worth making our way long the rocks towards Kettleness and see what is about (what do you reckon?). Never tried livebaiting (only now and again for Pike), is that what your second rod is for? I guessing a slightly heavier rod would be better?

18. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

well me shimano rod does both plugging and live baiting, if we can pick up prawns along the sand somewhere it'd be worth havin a go under a float with them,they work excellent for bass in the surf...so's long as theres not too much surf that the gear gets washed up afore it gets chance to work its magic.the longer rod works better for them like but a 9ft will do the job or maybe even an 8.took my first ever schoolie on a prawn,fantastic sport.
    the walk round should be worth it,specially once you get past the usual stompin ground. theres almost always some goodies to be found :cheesy:

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

We really should stop talking about this now, the 15th seems to far away!! I want to go NOW! :cry: :cry: :wink:

I like the idea of a bit of float fishing, will be giving that a go from the yak as well. I've got a few places I'd like to try with the float/lures that look nice, roll on summer!

20. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

lol but we're just keeping the 'passion' alive...dedication...thats what it is lol. well i'll fetch me bits box along if we decide to have a go at the bait :cheesy: