1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiplier for plug rod

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike_, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

2. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

i've put 1 pic up to try but not sure if its worked can you see it anyone?

3. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

4. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

thats got it lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there managed it :cheesy:

5. mike_

mike_ New Member

great collection phil- like them lure boxes also

mike

6. mike_

mike_ New Member

do you have a tackle shop sam

mike

7. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

cheers mike,it'll probs be the blue box and some of the poppers i use mostly as they're mostly sub surface with the odd one going to around 8ft. the boxes are shimano ones,had to import them all from us,dont half stop the tangles and are real good quality too.its hard to try and find a lure box that'll stand upto alot of abuse and opening/closing without snapping the hinges or the box cracking. think i'm gonna go for one of those 2500 exage jobbies,i'll fetch that and the solid c thru for you's to have a play if ya like?

8. mike_

mike_ New Member

i like the 2500 but the only thing that put me off was if you got a big fish on and it started taking a load of line out.

mike

9. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

hmmm good point,only prob is matchin it with the rod as its very sensitive and anything bigger reel wise would possibly offset the balance of the whole thing..??i've tried my reel off my usual setup and its far too big and heavy for what the rods capable of. its rated at 11-25g and around the 7ft mark

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Hi Mike, don't have an actual shop (well ,not yet), I have a mail order business though www.baxterangling.com When we go fishing you and Phil are more than welcome to pop round and have a look though (that's a privilege by the way as I don't normally let people see my tackle :kiss:)

Great lure selection Phil, plenty of X-Raps and Chug Bugs there :surprise:

Right then, Lure Anorak time :educated:
    The rest look like some Cotton Cordell baits, plenty of grubs (and Beetle Spins?), Rapala Husky Jerks, J11/J13, Original Floating, Risto Raps(?), Magnums, Norman DD22?, one or two Salmos, Berkley Frenzy baits, Rebel Pop N R(?) and a mighty Crazy Crawler :cool:
    (God, I sooo need to get out more!! :cry:)

11. mike_

mike_ New Member

didn't realize it was that light - 2500 sounds about right then, that will be a lovely little setup.

mike

12. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

cock on matey!!! no point this time though haha. no risto raps in there or j-13's but you've reminded me lol so in they go. there some xps poppers in there too and some wiggle warts.can you guess what the lure in the blue box is in the top right hand corner?its the lure that has taken most for me upto now...probs cos i use it most like :embarrass:

13. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I'd stick with the 2500 size otherwise like you say Phil the whole balance goes straight out the window. Do you use a mono link if using braid or do you go straight through with the braid? If using a slightly weaker mono link then I guess you won't have to worry about losing 80yds of braid if snapped.

I wasn't sure if I should use my 10-40g 8ft rod or my 15-50g 9ft rod, the smaller 8ft rod would be better for the lighter lures like the x-raps, etc

14. mike_

mike_ New Member

www.baxterangling.com -nice setup :wink:

mike

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Looks like a Japanese lure, not sure what make though :cry: No points for me :cry:

Cheers Mike :happy:

Looking forward to when we have the new stock in, should hopefully double the range.

16. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

right just got it out and measured it (the rod that is lol) its 1.8m and rated 5-25g and around the dia of a bic pen at the butt with around 15inch of cork handle.
    i'd opt for the lighter mate.that should do for what we'll be doin methinks :educated:
    i use a mono leader usually of slightly weaker,then like you say only the mono gets lost and not the braid.
    cheers
    phil

17. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

it a lucky craft live pointer95 its a corker of a lure...managed to pick it up for 2 quid!!!!!best buy on tinternet ever!

18. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well I'll be using a Wychwood 8ft Plugger rod and a 2500 size Mitchell reel probably, not the smartest gear in the world but it works :wink: I'm more interested in the lures to be honest :yes:

£2!! where did you find them? I'll buy in 100 of them at that price (if it wasn't a one off sale (ie. ebay) then if poss pm me the details).

19. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

lol it was off a blokey a bought a job lot off in the states,it was just sittin in there all nice an shiny an new along with a sammy too. think they're around a tenner to buy but not seen one in that colour yet...??tell ya what like i've fallen in love with these megabass lures!!just wish they werent as much!

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I'm going to have a look at some of the Megabass baits, if I have any spare money from the stock budget then I'd like to stock a few patterns :yes: If possible bring some down with you on the 15th, even if just to have a look at them from the car boot :nerd: