1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiplier beachcaster rod and movable seat

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by scrubbs, Nov 22, 2014.

1. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got a new rod that has a movable reel seat, does it face the writing on the rod or does the decal/name go on the back?

or doesn't it matter? it's 3 piece 14 foot beach caster. I also got it's twin which is fixed reel seat for fixed spool which does face the decals.

AND is there anything I should do before I use it. I.E. 6 months later a "I wish I had done that when It was new" like silicon oil the joints or something? :)

2. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

If there are no eyes on the butt section it doent matter where the real seat goeas dont put nothing on the joints just use it as it is it will be fine

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks, I always buy a new toy, then realise I should have protected something or oiled something after I have been playing with for a while , Like taping up the battery box AFTER it's full of water or damaging the joints trying to get them apart 'cos I should have waxed them or something :D

good luck in the 4's ;)