1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull report for sept 4th to 11th

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by harrythecod, Sep 11, 2010.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well as usual the weather played its part again , but we got a few fish ,
    first day was probably the best for the weather,

we arrived at 3pm on sat afternoon and unloaded, then it was off to the first mark
    weather was great ,bright and sunny so we had about 3 hours at the bass,

lee was on fire with five fish going to 7lb2oz ,6lb14, and a 5lber,
    sam was impressed with the start and he allso had around 4 fish going to 4lb plus,

a couple for matty ,and garry allso had a couple ,while yours truley had one schoolie,
    unfortunately i had an accident with my camera again, :sad: it went for a swim in luce bay .

garry will post his photo,s of that session,

next day it was blowing a hoolie ,so it was of to the conger marks,
    Sam had not had a shore caught conger so all rods cast out and it was decided first bite was his,

in bad conditions it was hard ,and we were getting blown about quite a bit,
    well in the end one ell came to the shore Samms pb 2lb7oz
    [​IMG]

these photo,s are from the new camera i had to buy £80 unexpected purchase :angry:
    not a vry good camera either,

apart from a few mackie and a small pollack,Oh and a herring for Garry that was it for the day.

next day we had a lie in again it was difficult to decide where to go , so it was off to ramsys,
    but with an ebbing tide it was again fruitless,

we did meet a couple of guys off the forum there , they had a few fish but on the flood,
    back to base for tea then back on the bass marks again,

once more the bass showed up , for some :sad: i was begening to think someone had put a hex on me :surprise: again garry, sam,matty and lee were among the fish, up to fine pound plus,

these photo,s Garry will post,
    it was a bit hit and miss all week for the pollack ,but one mark did produce a few good fish,
    its a bit of a hike but worth the walk,

the fishing crew

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/harrythecod/drummorebasswithgarrymattysamlee
    [img width=1000 height=750]http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/harrythecod/drummorebasswithgarrymattysamlee024.jpg
    me on the end,

[​IMG]

lee with a fish [​IMG]

i will save his better ones till last ,allso Garry has some to add

[​IMG]
    matty and a fish,[​IMG]

Garyy doing an impersonation of pouncer, ten seconds after this photo he got the best of the day
    [​IMG]
    after that it was back to base ,something to eat and back out on a bass hunt,
    my best of the session, unfortunately once again no one around to photo it for me
    about 3lb 8oz or so [​IMG]
    one for Matty [​IMG]
    a small pollack in the dark taken on a delta eel,
    [​IMG]
    Lee,s best fish of the night 7lb 2oz
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Garry and a fine fish
    [​IMG]

one more rare specimen for me,
    [​IMG]
    Lee again
    [​IMG]

a schoo;ie for me [​IMG]

my best at 5lb 1oz[​IMG]

well thats it for now lads , i will let the rest put there comments and photo,s to the thread, tight lines all ,Harry and good luck to all fishing the all england to moz .

2. V8_Rob

V8_Rob New Member

Great fishing and report there fellas :cheesy:

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great fishing harry and a cracking stamp of silvers you lads had :cool: :happy:
    What's with the 2 headlights at once harry in one of the pics :confused: was it in case you dropped one in :whistle: :wink: :happy: tight lines

4. langy

langy Rockling

Nice one Harry, great report, i see your keeping the bass coming :happy:

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

[​IMG]
    the crew

6. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Cracking report Harry looks like you had a great time again despite the less than ideal conditions. Well done to all, there is some great fish amongst them.

7. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Well done lads.Nice report and pics as per usual,have to get myself over there sometime.

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

had a great time up the mull yet again. weather spoiled it for a few days but we did have some decent sessions on the bass. On the first night I had a fish which looked about 7lb , got it right to my feet and instead of walking it to the shore I stupidly tried to grab it in the water and it was having none of it and came off so I didn't get the chance to weigh a possible PB. I did get a 5lber on Friday night but the bass sessions were fairly short due to the massive tides.

I also managed to fall on rocks and snap my 2 day old lure rod and almost snap my leg at the same time.

But it really was a laugh a minute with a great bunch of lads, I can't wait to do it again. :yes:

9. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Looks like you had a ball lads.......well done on the fish again........

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

the rubber balls were out in force again, but none were as good as this sheep we saw yesterday, we've named him "buster" after a famous Viz character..

[​IMG]

11. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Another fine report Harry and I'm sure Gary will have a few more fishy tales and pictures to share.
    Well done Lee on another cracking fish to add to your growing list of PB's in 2010 :educated:
    Good to see Matty and Sam in amongst a few fish and don't worry Matty the lost fish wounds will heal and it will be waiting for you next year :wink:

Mull Trip 2011 bring it on . . .

12. deecee

deecee Blenny

Well done to you all .

Some nice fish there despite the conditions

13. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

now then we were the ones who were at ramseys
    we revisited on thursday before coming home and it produced better fish again on the flood fish to about 3lb
    our week was good really did port gill twice lots of small fish to 11/2lb as you say marks were weather dependant
    ps ive left a float at ramseys its about 10foot of the end
    looks like the bass was excellent ive never caught one but might try at the gare and then mull next year
    stayed at b and b this year excellent 25 per night and you can put bait in the freezer

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Really enjoyed my first visit to the Mull and with great company as well, deffo had a great laugh! Don't think I've laughed so hard when Harry tried to fix the blocked U-Bend on the kitchen sink :laugh: :laugh:

As Harry said the conditions were against us for the first 3 days with strong SE winds making sure the Bass fishing wasn't going to happen, we were lucky to get an evening session in on the Saturday just before it really kicked up.

I didn't catch sack fulls of fish but every one of them was appreciated, managed a new pb Bass of 4lb 13oz (ok, not huge!) and my fair share of 2-3lbers.

Big thank you to Gary, Harry Lee and Matty for making it a great week and putting me on to a few fish, fingers crossed well do the same next year :pray:

A few pics:

Matty picking out the winning lure:
    [​IMG]

Lee waiting for another Pollock:
    [​IMG]

Conger and micro fishing during crap weather:
    [​IMG]

Hello sailor :kiss:
    [​IMG]

Cracking marks!:
    [​IMG]

With interesting get downs :scared:
    [​IMG]

and climb back up!
    [​IMG]

Matty with a wee Pollock:
    [​IMG]

Buster the Sheep was awesome :laugh: :laugh:

15. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

yeah it was us lot haha
    good report harry, well chuffed with my new pb and also another, if i didn't catch that 7lb 1oz haha, really enjoyed myself with the lads who went, can't wait to go back next year i think alan will have to kick our arse's into gear as we didn't get up till 9/10 every morning lmao. cheers once again for a great time.
    MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW !!!!!!!!

cheers lee

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Another great report lads. Harry's mishaps are becoming legendary :laugh: as are Buster's "gonads" :surprise: thanks for the time and effort you lads put in for the forum :happy:

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Actually Lee I think you'll find is ''Foooookin Mmmeeeeeeoooowwwwwww'' :laugh: :laugh: :cheesy:

(private Mull trip joke, you had to be there :wink:)

Yep, Harry provided plenty of laughs Ray, unfortunately some at his expensive :laugh:

18. robq

robq Rockling

Nice pics and report as always :cool:

Thats some good bass fishing up there :surprise:

19. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

Superb lads, save a space for me next year though!! :yes:

20. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello,
    fantastic report again and some quality bass despite the weather, great stuff lads. I can't stop laughing at Busters knackers!!!!
    Regards Ian