1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mull of galloway

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Oct 26, 2017.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just got back from our winter bash
    arrived driftwood sunday dinner after diversion off drummore road due to rocks and rough seas so we saw sea at logan horrendous
    any way after a cuppa and a chat headed for only option mull i have never seen the field down so boggy ankle deep the mud had a couple of hours and eeked out mackerel decided on an hour at east tarbet off beach on way back nothing doing
    after t and a couple of beers bed
    monday raining so waited for it to blow over west side still to rough so did flat rock very good day with maccy a plenty small pollack and doggies all on maccy belly bait
    conditions very good but lots of seals showing now
    after a takeway did a couple of hours off beach terally bay caught numerous doggies
    tuesday again rain early so after it blew we went again down mull west side still not fishable where we wanted to go
    another good day all same species but a pollack 21/2 lb pleasant surprise lots more seals now they will ruin this area as they chase your line in now aka the gare
    ground down very wet and slippy
    wednesday did not want mull again so came straight home
    all in all a good trip and we were very lucky with the weather

2. basha

basha Blenny

shame you couldnt get on some of the marks john,thought it would be a bitt choppy.
    least you managed a few marks and fish mate.them seals were a pain when we were last up there,even burrowhead were you normally only sea the odd one had its fair share.i dnt think the fishing is anywere near as good as what it used to be,thats why nxt time im heading to the welsh coast for a change.

3. fisherjohn2010

fisherjohn2010 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We were up at the Mull about a month ago with the caravan (one of my favourite parts of the world!), and I think it was one of the wettest caravan sites I've ever been on - thought we'd have to find a friendly local with a tractor, but anyway, the trusty Skoda hauled the caravan out with no trouble (big sighs of relief).
    By the sound of it, it's been raining and blowing up there most of the time since. It was too rough to fish the west side when we were there, though there were gannets diving in the bay all the time. I didn't bottom fish at all,- don't enjoy catching dogfish, but had quite a few bass spinning with a Redgill, fished behind a bubble float. Unfortunately all small, so no bass for tea..
    Maybe I was lucky, but didn't have any trouble with seals. I do think, though, that given how numerous they are becoming, we should be fighting back a bit! They must be totally waterproof, so "SealSkins" waders might be a good way of reducing the population (can't you hear the howls from the bunny-huggers!)

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i will have a pair