1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull of Galloway - Storm surge

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by congerball, Jan 6, 2014.

1. congerball

congerball Blenny

On Friday we were hit by a storm surge, with low pressure over us, strong winds and very high tides this unfortunately resulted in significant damage to our caravan site.

Heres some photos of the event, I have some great videos but they are in MTS format and unable to upload to photobucket, will see if I can get them on you tube.

I thought I'd post these photos as I know some of you will be interested...some wont so apologies for it being non-fishing related (feel free to move if you wish)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found this on one of our beachcombing sessions....she was called Claire!

[​IMG]

2. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow Ben,

Thanks for sharing, they seem to have had their fair share of the bad weather up there. I have kept an eye on the weather the last couple of weeks and the whole of Dumfries and Galloway seemed to get hit pretty hard.

How badly was your van affected?

Ben

3. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I feel for you, we were nowhere near as close to the sea as your site but we recently stayed at kipford and the sea I saw from places like balcarry bay was immense during The bad weather over Christmas. Hope you get in your feet soon:)

4. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

OMG did the gnome survive :'(

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

hope all is all right with the caravan, no doubt a lot of fixtures like balconies and storage sheds have shifted but hopefully the vans seemed to be high enough to avoid a lot of damage as there seems to have been a lot of devastation caused by the storms ........and did ya get anything in the lobster pot!!!!
    cheers
    Paul

6. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Some informative pics there mate. Feel sorry for the people with vans on the front row with all the damage.

What idiot makes a "Claire"???? It must have washed up from somewhere.
    Someone sees that in the sea and rings the RNLI to recover the "Body"
    Not the smartest thing to do

7. congerball

congerball Blenny

Our van was ok, some didn't look too good though, the decking seemed to take the brunt of the impacts. The septic/sewage tank packed in so hence closure of the site (amonst other repairs and clean up)
    The dummy was the weight of an average woman, I dragged it up over the high tide line but the storm hit the following day so would imagine poor Claires in the field behind now.

8. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

"claire" could possibly be a rnli rescue dummy..... that never got rescued especially if it weighs about the same as a woman!! just a thought

9. wilky

wilky Blenny

Think I would have shifted my car

10. congerball

congerball Blenny

Think he lost his head and went for a swim mate!

11. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for sharing hope van is ok we lucky on east coast but redcar beacon still stands