1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MULL OF GALLOWAY - MOG 2009 (FISHING REPORT)

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Aug 1, 2009.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

canny photo of the tide rip :yes: and old father time is looking ok :yes:

2. JACKOM

JACKOM Blenny

Quality photos and report as usual Gary - it makes inspiring reading!! Glad you all had a good time. Out of interest do you peg and rope each of the marks or are they already there?

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

Dav you know me, i hardly sleep at all... :embarrass: :tired: you most of waited ages to get that pic of me sleeping.. :laugh: Top marks.. :yes:

Mark we have a few permanant ropes at some of the more tricky marks which we put down years ago, most spots are not to bad to get down. I think next time we go up we will have a good look at the anchorage's and check the ropes and belting to see if they need replacing..

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

just sent you a pm garry

5. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

How come you never mention the marks where you need the parachutes Mr Watson :blindfold: :blindfold: :blindfold:

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I'm going right off fishing at the moment Gary, however I am very keen to do a lot or rock type climbing with ropes and such so if you could just pm me with the whereabouts of your ropes :canadian:

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

canny photos dav, and yes that is tide rip you were looking at , and ive caught pollack on float in amongst that rip i couldnt see the float
    just felt a good tug

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

You know you would be very welcome to join us anytime Ray, even if you dont want to do the fishing :whistle:, you could always climb up and down the ropes all day.. :wink:

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers Gary I'm sure you would. Keep up the good work with those posts. Better just sort my gear out in case I need a few hours re-couperating before climbing back up :wink:

10. congerball

congerball Blenny

tend to agree about the bass being over hyped for eating Gary. Bit of macky cant beat it! looks like the wind might be easing off a bit for the weekend, blowing at the moment. ive started a thread/report that i'll try to keep up to date. will prob see you at low water near them woods after the bass, will keep my eyes peeled

Saw a few kayaks up towards Sandhead on sunday, couldn't see if they were catching much but looked fun, was perfect weather for them. Keep reading a lot of posts about other forum members who are into there kayaking, looks like serious business!! especially them skate!, its perfect for them up here, there is a bad rip on the mog and also around other areas of the headland that jut out but its only at certain states of the tide, plenty of places to launch too so you can avoid these areas if needed.