1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MULL OF GALLOWAY - MOG 2009 (FISHING REPORT)

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Aug 1, 2009.

1. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

the congers are the hardest to catch, u sit there for ages and finally u get a run u dont know whether to leave it to swallow the mackeral or hit it on the first run. the bass are the best thing over there fishing at 2o'clock in the morning for them then going home raiding the fridge with garry and dav until 3/4 in the morning. :canadian:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Excellent report Gary as always, the pics are superb. Those Wrasse are little crackers :cool:

3. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great report and pics, well done lads :happy:

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

well if you come up to the M O G we will certainley put you onto the congers , we always put them back , quite a few years ago
    we had 13 congers in one session , mind you that was a good day , gary had 3 congers in less than one hour last week

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

did they use the rubber balls alan :surprise: and the black riggley,s :whistle:

6. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

yea we didn't dare try out else. :canadian:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Lee ,do you realise now you are lost in the great void of the well traveled angler :surprise: you do realise that life will never be the same :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: welcome aboard :yes:

8. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

ino i got asked to go up next weekend and the week when u and gary go but got football and work mate. would love to come not really for the fishing just to meet you as gary was saying how much of a good man you are. i'm sure gary will put you on the rite tracks like he did to me. hopefully have plenty of pics and a good report like this one, but i think dav needs to add his pics aswell he got some good one's of the lovely surrounding we were fishing in. :yes:

9. congerball

congerball Blenny

sounds like you lot had a great time and got amongst some good fish :yes: Great photos. have you got the estate car blacked rear windows gary? think i saw you in ardwell, was gonna stop but was in a rush to get to stranraer. had a few schoolies from a beach near me last week, all on floating popper. Nowt to shout about at the moment though, hopefully get some good pollock fishing on the west coast these next two weeks, just arrived at maryport, bought one of these 'mobile internet dongle thingys'...got to say im pretty impressed so far, sat in the van typing at the moment, bit windy still. if i have the time i'll try do a 'live report' from wherever i am. thats if theres any left :laugh:

Tight lines

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Hiya congerball, i was in Dav's Astra van last week and the other lads were in a silver mondeo mate, all though i did pop into Ardwell a couple of times, i am sure you will catch plenty of fish mate, like i said before we put everything back, but unfortunately from time to time we do get the occaisional badly hooked fish but its not wasted we give it to the farmer, I tried my very first bass last week, Lee caught one which was bleeding very bad so we decided to try it, it was nice but for me personally didn't deserve all the hype "Sea Bass" it tasted a bit between cod and mackerel, Dav didn't enjoy it and give his portion to me.. For me they look better in the sea than on the plate.. But again thats just my opinion and respect that some people like to eat bass and there's nothing wrong with that..

Hopefully our paths will cross congerball and i will eventually meet you up there, i could possibly be up this weekend and then up for a week on the 15th..

Good luck with the fishing and i look forward to seeing your reports..

Tightlines.

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

I will try n get me pics posted up later on , They are not upto much tho , i tend to forget i have a camera when im fishing , oops .....Garys pics are spot on , .....hasnt allen posted his yet gar..?

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I didnt use my camera dav, apart from the bin run and the group photo on the last day , i clicked quite a few on garys two cameras

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah thats right allan ,looked through mine last night , defo no photo comp winners tho :cheesy:, there either of mart n john sleeping or sea sea and more sea lol.....i will try n upload em later....

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Dont tell me mr powson fell asleep again wile he was waiting for a bite :tired: :tired: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Harry if england ever form a sleeping team then john would get the captains job , i think gary might sneak in also :yes:

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

GARRY ,? vever i dont believe ,it :suspious: dont tell me he has the sickness as well now :surprise: when he came and stayed at my van he had me up nocking on my bedroom door at four thirty AM :no: the poor lad , you never made him carry all the gear up from moneyhead did you just to get revevge :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

yeah im afraid gary will defo sneak in there too.......

[​IMG]

Along with mart and john..... :cheesy: :cheesy:

[​IMG]

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Sory gary , i couldnt resist mate.....perfect timing ..... :laugh: :laugh:

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well at least he is on the sofa dav , :tired: not like mart and john asleep at the fishing mark :whistle: they must be tired out from all those fish they caught :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

Gary into a conger...

[​IMG]

Big al in action....

[​IMG]

Is this tide kayakable :scared:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Typical mull rock mark.....steep descent tidal jutting

[​IMG]

General stamp of night bass , altho we did manage a couple of better ones around 4lb and 3lbers..Tho this is the only pic i snapped of the bass....and its a schoolbutt...

[​IMG]