1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MULL OF GALLOWAY - MOG 2009 (FISHING REPORT)

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

gary i think you need to go on more trips as there fantastic to read

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

congratulations gary on another great report , loved it ----- yes we had a good week a bit windy at times , not alot of rain and lee seemed to take to it like a duck takes to water , a star in the making ------ we had 3 decent sessions at the pollack first session 78
    then 100 followed by 130 , lee had 34 pollack up to 6lb 12 oz in one session then went out later in the day and took 9 bass what can you say ! as i said the wind made it really difficult so we had to settle for conger and wrasse fishing , gary had the best conger at 12lb plus , he landed it , went for his camera , it then slipped the hook and slid back into the sea , must have been camera shy, my best was
    around 11 lb, i didnt bother with the bass but the lads took 68 between them which cant be bad , a very big thanks to them all for making
    it a very happy week for me and once again well done lads ------ mind you my old bones are creaking now !!!!!!!!!!

3. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

can only echo what all the lads have said...amazin trip lads!!!

4. Maxie

Maxie New Member

nice one :cool:

5. littlecod

littlecod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

top fishn lads, surely they wernt mackeral. i think there nerly extinct on the east cast :laugh:wish the pollocking was that good round here.
    is bigcliff the terminators dad.

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

lee said he had got a message off harrycod about the bin run, well i explained the rules of the game to lee , the object was to get the
    full bin liner out of the pedal bin and dash as fast as you can to the wheelie bin , empty it and dash back to the pedal bin , we had a stop watch to record the times his first was 33 seconds by the last day he had it down to 10 seconds , we all were going to have a go
    but time just ran away , drat it ! but maybe next year we will make it :whistle: :surprise: :sad: :whatever: :wink: :wink:

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:laugh: :laugh:

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Nice one alan i knew you wouldn,t let me down :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i hope you told him plenty of bedtime storie,s of trips gone by, your not looking to bad for an oldie mate , :wink: hope i can manage it all two week,s time :wounded:

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Excelent report garry ,that has wet my appetite :yes: i am certainly looking forward to the late night bass session,s ,did you do the usual marks or did you find any new one,s :whistle: i got a load of stuff from veal,s for the trip , and a new salt rucksack, got most of the stuff packed ,Hey it was nice to see john in some of the photo,s i forgot he was going with you :happy: ,and dav bet he was just buzzing with all those bass about :wink: oh did you try the wall for the big boy,s or did you give it a miss this time ,any way well done to you all i recon lee is hooked for life now ,you see youve spoiled the lad with all that cracking fishing :yes: :yes: :yes:

10. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

ii, i really enjoyed it, it was almost my cup of tea but i prefer coffee :canadian: all the lads i went with were cracking blokes to stop with, also i enjoyed the stories and jokes alan was telling me but they whore abit thin at the end of the week. sorry alan :laugh: i sh*t myself when that door opened by itself also the sleeping bag on the wrong bed and the source balanced on top of each other, to this day i don't know who did it but it put the sh*t's up me. Dav is a very good bloke to fish with, gives you tips and helps you on your way. As for john he was a good laugh as he kept me and garry happy on the morning munchies and helped us sink a few cans :hungry:.
    There wouldn't of been a trip without garry and alan so cheers boys for the company and all the trouble of booking us in the beutiful cottage we stayed in and thanks for all the help and advice you give me over the week as it sent me on the right track to catch all my new pb's :- Conger,Pollack,Wrasse,Doggies,Bass.
    Cheers boys you really made my year, i really enjoyed it and looking forward to some more trips this year or next. :yes:

11. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

glad you really enjoyed it lee we all enjoyed your company and you are very welcome on our future adventures and once more you did
    really well and i was dead chuffed for you

12. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

cheers alan carn't wait for winter to fish with you and to keep me laughing :canadian:

13. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

What a superb report....!
    Congratulations to each and every one of you on a stunning superb trip.

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

top blokes lee, :yes: if they can,t do you a good turn they certainly wouldn,t do you a bad one :wink: as for alans tales and jokes ,even though i have sat and been told them many times i honestly still enjoy his stories and leg pulling :yes: the cod halfway up the cliff still makes me chuckle,( keep moving he must be on drugs) :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hope to see you maybee next year up there with the crew,you will certainly be chomping at the bit till your next adventure , :cool: Harry

15. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

yea u defo will see me next year if you come and will probably see you in the winter and will get to no you abit more than just talking over here.
    tightlines
    lee

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

ome on dav ,get your photo,s loaded :happy: lets have a look at your,s :whistle: if you know what i mean :cheesy: i got a bouncy ball but it may be to small :laugh: glad you all had a good trip and safe journy home :cool: Harry

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Ye come on dav youve been a bit quiet on this topic

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Alan, I heard Dav cant post cos his ribs are still cracked from laughing at all your jokes!

19. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I hope thats the case Matty i heard he was ironing the curtains and fell off the ladder ------- well once more i hope this report has wetted your appetite to go visit the MULL OF GALLOWAY because it really is a super spot

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thats one of the best reports I've read for a long time, you guys really know your stuff over there. That Sharkatag weekend really opened my eyes to what a beautiful and fantastic fishing area the MOG really is. But its got to be said the fish don't throw themselves at you and it just shows you really know the area well.

Love the conger, never had one but would love a crack at some of them sometime.

Well done guys, brilliant stuff as normal

Ken