1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull Of Galloway Fishing Report 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Jul 18, 2014.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We set off last sunday 7am arrived at digs driftwood first class 30 per night was high water so went to flat rock and fished down caught mackerel,small Pollack and a few doggies after a change went for meal and watched footy at clash

Monday weather a bit blowy southerly and with a couple of showers expected decided on port gill
    fishing not great but my mate pulled out a Pollock of 5lb rest just small ones but enjoyable day got a bit damp
    but dried off within an hour due to winds could not fish southerly side for wrasse as to rough

Tuesday perfect conditions so again ventured to west side to a farm mark were you park against conc wall
    trip down shows not been fished much as no tracks, I gashed my hand on the rocks down (should always wear gloves as this caused the evening to be wasted at stranraer a and e for 6 stitches)basically fish every other cast to 5lb fantastic they took on any thing from maccy belly, jellies spoons as stated earlier painfull climb back up shower and a and e for stitches

Wednesday got up to rain and strong winds so just stayed at digs for the morning recuperating brighter after lunch so to flat rock again to keep out of the wind plenty of mackerel to daylights and Pollack floats and maccy strip. went to quiz at queens on evening were made very welcome

Thursday home day so had early breccy and with perfect light winds and sunshine set off for first go at crammock got there at low and eased out a few small Pollack but lots of kelp made it difficult retreieve as tide flowed in fish got better in size and also picked up some wrasse on the float with fresh lug sadly had to leave at 1 2 hours before high this looks a great mark and will do next year ( on way back to car saw 2 big stags running to waterfall magic )

the place never fails to impress ,if you do crammock there is a young bull that chases anything so check with farmer

hope this helps anyone going soon you wont be dissapointed

2. congerball

congerball Blenny

Re: mog report

Cheers for posting, I'm up there next weekend, hoping for something special. Hardly been up this year so going to make the most of this trip...a couple of all nighters are planned...heres hoping for some screaming reels.

3. Surasakkkkkkk

Surasakkkkkkk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It's okay to post the material and knowledge I admire.

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks JC, I am up there in a couple of weeks and looking forward to it..

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hope you have a great time all but wear gloves
    my stitches coming out tomorrow
    also im a lucky old bugger as im going to auchenlarie with the grandkids on Friday so hopefully wet my line again for some doggies