1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull Of Galloway Fishing - MONSTER BASS FOR HARRY THE COD!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Aug 22, 2009.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Re: MONSTER BASS FOR HARRY THE COD!!!!!!

going to the same mark tomorrow night hope i get a couple more Dav :wink:

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Wishing you good luck harry mate ,,, and a big well done on that monster, i carnt get over it me self . absoloutly unreal mate .....fish of a lifetime......

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

Do you think a bass of the same size would of taken a plug in daylight???? or did it just home in on the vibrations and believed it was a bigger meal like a mackeral in distress that it was about to take, or do you think its just a case of putting a lure past a fish like that and it wouldn't be able to resist snapping at it???

I know Harry said it put up a good account of itself but the fish around 6lb went on longer runs and stripped more line from the reel and darted about a lot more, were the bigger fish went on a short run and put up slower more dogged fight..

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

most of the biger fish i have read about lately have been taken on bait in daylight ,but i was talking to jeff mcalister yesterday ,they have been getting them on bait and plugs in daylight up to seven pound ,and two have been caught around the ten pound mark ,

5. Sea over the Shingle

Sea over the Shingle Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic fish, well done. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the report sounds like an awesome trip for all.

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Think the big one,s went on there jolly,s Garry never mind here,s to next year :cool:

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

Come on Harry, you really didn't expect to catch another of that size did you..... That was a very special fish and i a really glad i was there to witness its capture and its safe return, maybe next year it might fall to me..... Well there's nothing wrong with dreaming is there?

I have the picture etched in my mind (probably forever) the moment i seen you walking through the darkness towards me with this monster of a bass, saying i think this could be a double Gary... :surprise: :surprise:

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

:laugh: same here Gary I will never forget that moment!

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Aye the look :surprise: on your faces was absolutely one of shock and amazement,wait till you see it in sea dangler and total sea fishing , :yes: i have just had two photo,s done profesionaly ,now it,s finding the right frame to mount them in :cool:

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

bump

11. Biff

Biff New Member

Wow, thats some bass Harry. Well done :yes: :yes:, great pics, nice to see it went back to fight another day. :laugh:
    Biff

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Yes biffi try to put most bass back ,but i do take one or two schoolies for the table,well the wife anyway :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. Baramundi Bob

bump

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Thanks for bumping this up Glen,
    i hope it inspires some of the new forum members to have a go for the beautiful Bass,

i think about that night every time i go fishing ,and some times when i arn,t fishing :yes:

15. Baramundi Bob

Its one of the best bass ever caught Harry and such an amazing thing to happen in your first season following the silver bullets.

16. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

inspires all us bass lads harry.there's gotta be one out there off our coast,and i for one will have fun trying to find it! Well done again bud

17. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

1.8 Barbel rod - bet it fought like a Barbel too! That is one nice fish - well done.

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

should read 1.75lb test curve barble rod,
    aye it was a scrap and a half, still seems like yestreday, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yes:

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

Then a 10lber the following year by mr powson .........
    So many big fish caught by so few with very limited windows of oportunity :yes: Unreal to me .
    Whats peoples thoughts on why that area produces such good quality bass ?
    Even in the window of the local tackleshop over there is pics of some real good quality of bass .
    Is it the lack of pressure causing the bass to grow big or is it more than likely down to the seas rich currents around there I forget how many currents clash think its 3 ? , you just have to take a look on the mull in full flood . Its got to be seen to be believed ......

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

Awsome fishto Harry , i kick me self for not being there with you`s . I would just loved to of seen and stroked it .... :cheesy: :cheesy: Even better to see such a fish meander off into the depths ...Quaity..... :yes:
    Im not jealous tho ..... :laugh: