1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull Of Galloway Fishing - MONSTER BASS FOR HARRY THE COD!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Aug 22, 2009.

1. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: MONSTER BASS FOR HARRY THE COD!!!!!!

Sensational fish Harry, congratulations. :happy:

2. congerball

congerball Blenny

What a great fish. Fish of a lifetime. Quality catch Harry. Top report as always. Was good to bump into you two. Just been at the same mark this eve, still plenty of schoolies and mackerel about but no biggys. had two tope rods out with rubber dubby trail but nowt, try again. sundays a right off by the sounds of it but i know which mark im going to next when i get chance :yes:!! wiil update my other thread with some new photos/report soon

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Matty told me about your HUGE bass Harry when he got back and I've been looking forward to seeing the pics since, what can I say! Awesome fish mate, well pleased for you, only wish I could of been there to witness such a fine fish.
    Excellent pics as well, the rainbow pic is great.

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Absolutely awesum, Harry you superstar, what a fish :yes:, one that the rest of us will only every hope to catch ..... wonderful photos - a few locations I recognise.

Hope the memories last a lifetime for all of you, thank you so much for sharing. :happy:, totally in awe

5. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done harry thats a fish of a lifetime
    cheers ian

6. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

well done 'h' shes a beauty

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes definately a possibility that next time its caught it will have eaten a few more mackeral and will be a new Scottish record, i had a quick look and one site say's 15lb is the record but another more official looking site which lists all the Scottish record fish list said 13lb 4oz caught in 1975..

http://www.ukseafishing.com/faq/scottish_sea_fishing_reco.html

A great achievement "H" but it would of took my lure if i wasn't so busy taking pics of other peoples fish at the time... :laugh: :laugh: :wink:

Guess i'm just a bad loser... :yes:, no to be honest i was over the moon for you and Matty it was great to see some cracking fish and be in such great company..

Does anyone have any idea a what age the fish would be???

Also i had a look at the record shore pollack and it seem's if (Big cliff) had claimed it his 17lb 8oz pollack would still stand today... :cool: :cool:

Tightlines

Gary

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

once again well done Harry on a superb fish. And thanks to both of you for allowing me to come up with you and sample the delights of the MOG. I cant wait to get back there again. :yes:

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Fantastic fish Harry....

11. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic fishing lads and a great report and photos Gary, thanks for taking the time to post them. Well done Harry, anglers often talk about the fish of a lifetime but like many have said that fish realy is the fish of a lifetime........absolutley fantastic, you must still be buzzing!
    regards Ian

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

If we can fit you in again matty ,some time next year, your more than welcome ,you were good company and a keen angler to be with :cool: i would allso once again like to take this oppertunity to than everyone for there kind words of congratulations, i am sure it will be read by other forum,s wich can once again show what a great site this one is :yes: :yes: :yes:

13. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

That is an absolute monster fish, on a lure as well! Well done mate.

14. rupert

rupert Blenny

Well done indeed Harry - Awesome fishing.

15. langy

langy Rockling

GJW the fish will be 65 years old :) it takes 5 years to grow to a pound

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

What more can i say , truely superb fishing harry. i havent stopped thinking about this fish since you caught it :embarrass: lol.....some achievement that like :yes: summat that will stay with you for ever for sure.......Big respect to you and especially gary who has put alot of work in up there looking for these super fish .....and a big well done on returning such a lovely fish hopefully she will produce many more bass to inhabit that coast .couldnt of been caughtby such a top fella ...Top angling .....

17. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

bloody hell!!...the fishing up there just seems to get better and better!...many many congratulations harry,that is one beautiful fish..and i bet you got as much satisfaction from seeing it swim off,as catching it...truly amazing

18. JACKOM

JACKOM Blenny

Just wish to reiterate what has previously been said but congrats 'H' on a superb fish and once again a quality report and pictures - gives inspiration to us all!!
    Well done to all.

19. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Nice one Harry what a great fish looks like you all had a great time wish i was there with ye,s
    Tightlines chris

20. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what a superb bass harry, truly a fish of a liftime, that is a stonker anywhere in the u.k, - you'll be having mike ladle phoning up for tips next. - well done mate, - and also the rest of the lads on some excellent bass fishing,- but just think mate how big a bass could you catch when you get the hang of this bass fishing malarky, - but it don't come much better than that, once again harry well done mate, from the arbroath frozen peeler crab man.