1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull Of Galloway Fishing For Pollack, Bass And Conger - August 2011

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by harrythecod, Aug 20, 2011.

1. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Mull August 2011

howdo, cracking report harry, welldone lads

2. kevinh

kevinh Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking report guys... shame i didn't bump into you's around here for a session.. maybe next time

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Awsome report backed up by quality pics as usual . top marks lads...

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Must have missed this whilst I was away. Hope we can find the fish like you when we get up there. Well done yet again lads.

5. pouncer

pouncer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A another great report Harry . Looks like you had a good week .

6. nickid

nickid Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic report and photos. Well done to all

7. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great report lads well done

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Dream fishing. Very well done to all of you

9. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

sorry for the late post lads been having problems with my computer, well what can i say another fantastic trip up the mull with harry and gary, it was a pleasure meeting kev and his mate joe up there doing some serious survival lessons and meeting bob and rich of the forum aswell. I havn't really got many pictures from this trip.

For starters i couldn't ask for better people to go up with, superb fishing, food thanks to harry and great laughs :canadian:. this trip i had to give the boys a headstart as i was at a wedding on the saturday and got rather drunk saturday going into sunday morning, well once i got my head down i managed to set off at 11 sunday morning arriving at the cottage at half 3 to harry and gary just getting in from pollock fishing saying how bad it was and that they had been fishing with kev and his mate joe at a local pollock mark, and struggled to catch fish. I then unpacked my car and began to tweak my bass gear ready for a late night session for the bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we all managed to get some lovely bass but thats the only pictures i got of the bass fishing, later on that week the winds stopped the plans for going pollock fishing so had a day fishing for the congers, with me and harry blanking gary got straight into the action.

[​IMG]
    gary waiting for that last bite before leaning into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the next day was red hot so we had a trip over to the west coast to do a spot of pollock fishing and some hare rescuing :yes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the evil hare
    [​IMG]

the mackerel were few and far between
    [​IMG]

one night we had a night in the clash with kev and joe drinking :vomit: as we walked in harry was greeted by bob (arc) of the forum and his mate richie as they were up for a week in the caravan, what a great bunch they were, very helpful and could do anything for you. :yes:

overall another brill mull trip would defiantly go back any time with the lads, great company and a barrel of laughs.

cheers lads

lee

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A good post there Lee , good story and nice photos

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Nice report Lee, Now don.t forget how to poach them eggs in the pan, :wink:
    I will pm you the lassagne recipe you can make one for the family :whistle:

12. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

yea do that harry, been meaning to ask you for it, and been doing the vortex eggs at work haha

lee

13. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

If you go up the Mull David we will make sure you get some Conger / Bass

14. TangleJock

TangleJock Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report Harry! Looks like you guys had an awesome fishing spree. I note in a few of those photos you appear to be catching a few rays too - no not the flatfish - the sun! It has been a tad unpredictable up here over the last few weeks, so mother nature was looking kindly upon you!

I have never caught bass or conger, never mind tope! So I will be reading these reports very closely. So many fish, so little time!

Hope to see you all up here over the winter for the cod bashin.

All the best and tight lines,

David

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!