1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull of Galloway 2010 Report... Double figure Bass.

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Jul 31, 2010.

1. bow1

bow1 Rockling

what a superb post ,with quality pictures gary!you really put alot of effort into both your fishing and your reports and reap the rewards.
    another cracking trip for yourselves with quality fish especially the bass.we always talk about trying the bassing at night but the pub always calls when weeve only got two nights.hopefully sometime ill get up for longer and give it a crack.
    keep up the reports,im sure im not the only one they inspire and give motivation to,cheers gary#sean

2. timbo007

timbo007 New Member

Sounds like you had a great trip Gary, very jealous!! I'm heading up there for a week with Ben (congerball) at the end of August so hopefully the bass will make an appearance.

I've had some great trips up there over the last 10 years but my biggest bass is just less than 5lbs. The schoolies put up a great fight so god knows what a double will go like. I've had barbel to just over 13lbs so I'm guessing it will be pretty similar.

If anybody else is up there the same time as myself and Ben, it would be good to see you for a session.

3. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Cracking report and pics Gary I must have missed this post the other day sound like you lads had a great time and what a places to go fishing well done all of you.

4. fishermanbob

fishermanbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done john (pouncer) know doubt you will give me a blow by blow account on how you caught it except were you caught it next time you see me

5. congerball

congerball Blenny

Top report once again Gary :yes: I'm itching to get up there now, 2 weeks starting 20th August :happy: Gonna hook meself a monster....planning to put the hours in on this trip...no slacking :educated:

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Really hope you get a monster Ben you deserve it, but please leave a few for me and the lads we will be back up Sept 4th for a week, shame we couldnt all meet up for a chat over a few beers.. Best of luck Ben may the force be with you.. :wink:

7. congerball

congerball Blenny

cheers Gary fingers crossed

8. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

In a word...brilliant,what you lads post ought really to be caught on film,big respect for the way you just get up and get on with it,great pictures as usual and great post.....love it :yes:

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

We have the cottage booked already for next year

10. pouncer

pouncer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thank's Lads for a great week up the Mull it gets better every year . a few PB,s Nice pollock for Lee and a good conger for Andy But what about that bass of mine something to tell the kid's when i'm older and grayer :laugh :laugh:
    The reason for delay as you know was the second week up the Mull with my two lad's Jack (10) and Owen (8)
    Had a Great week Owen had a rockling on the float What with Alan dey's conger onfloat and GJW's Dog fish on float .
    either they were very hungry or were we to deep :whistle:
    Great report as always, Gary you should write for Sea Angler , then i would probably buy it

11. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Welcome home John ,hope you and the lads had a great time.You missed a good night on the Friday but nothing came close to your beast.Gary is back up in a few weeks and I think he was wanting a rake about in your bag for a lend of that magic rig you used (I bet its there somewhere) :wink: :wink:

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Hes also wanting to pick your brains on venues and tactics Pouncer, just give him a snippet :whistle: :wink: :laugh:

13. joe123lumbo

joe123lumbo Blenny

Well done lads , sounds like u all had a corker of a week eh :yes:

great report and some cracking photo's, thanks for the good read.

Joe

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

15. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

up there 2 week in oct cant wait
    well done on the fishing and the report
    might need to know some of the bass marks can you pm me

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!