1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mull of Galloway 2010 Report... Double figure Bass.

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Jul 31, 2010.

1. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done lads thats a great week fishing you had lucky sods :yes:

thanks for posting that gary :cheesy:

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Just been checking out the photo,s again Garry, i didnt know things were tough in the jackson household, :whistle: i could have sworn Alan was wearing that yellow and orange top up at Arbroath, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: loks like it has been passed down to Martin, :embarrass:

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well Gary what can i say another superb report that would compliment any angling magazine ------- as i have said before the quality of the fishing can be so good if at times certain areas of the fishing dosent quite hit the peaks we can be left feeling a bit let down i think the phrase
    reality check springs to mind ----- A very well done to the lads on there PBs Johns huge bass , Brockys cracking pollack , Andys good conger
    all of these were cracking fish and very well done to you all , A very big well done to John on the capture of his Bass it could not have happened
    to a nicer fella , he had obviously prepared , done his homework : :wink: : :laugh: :whistle: , a great effort all round lads , so heres to the next time

4. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Top report as allways Gary glad there was a few better bass about for you lads just makes me want to get back up there and have another go at them.Well done to the lads on there new Pb's as well.

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks for the comments chaps, it really is no problem putting a report up, i find the hardest thing is putting the rod down to take a picture, when you know the time spent taking a pic could be an extra cast and maybe the chance of a double figure bass. I think Alan and Lee might have a few more pics to add to the topic.

Tightlines

6. baza

baza New Member

what a trip, you really have got that place sussed garry. btw that sprayway jacket takes makes u look a stone lighter. thankyou for another excellent report and a very well done on pbs especially the double figure bass

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Yes you cant beat being plain lucky Ray :whistle: :wink: :wink: it beats having to do all that leg work , climbing up and
    down cliffs , searching the foreshore , studying the OS MAPS , mind you there might be a bit of the more you practice the luckier
    you get , I have a feeling that when GJW goes back up the M O G in September with the crew he is going to land on his feet again
    :confused: :whistle: :wink:

8. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what a cracking report garry,and some super pics as well - teriffic weeks fishing for you all and 2 pbs -brockys pollack & what can you say about mr powsons bass- an absolute belter that john, - well done to you all

9. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

well guys what can i really say about the MOG trip 2010, like last year it was fantastic with thanks to the lads who look after me and feed me, day in day out without them i think i would be stuck. Well for the fishing i think we made the most of it, as we all expect to catch more fish at every mark but we can only catch whats out there, the Pollock fishing was quite slow at times but other times we were catching plenty but only small ones, apart from a couple of decent sized one's. Here's a couple of pictures of the terrain we go down to get to some of the Pollock marks, but its all worth it;
    [​IMG]
    another couple of pictures showing a couple of marks on the Irish sea side
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With andy (shadrap) wanting a new pb conger and the Irish sea unfishable we decided to have a day congering with plenty of action with gary catching 4, andy 2.
    gary trying to keep the conger up from the bottom
    [​IMG]
    resulting in a nice conger about 10lb
    [​IMG]
    gary getting into the action once again
    [​IMG]

now onto the bass fishing, with fishing all day every day with 2 hours rest in between we still had time to go bassing on the night times with good tides we tried our look at a couple of nice marks, most of them producing a good stamp of fish.
    sadly this one nailed the lure right down and tried to return it for a good 10 minutes but just wouldn't go back so took it for our dinner the next night.
    [​IMG]
    andy with a nice lure caught bass
    [​IMG]
    and another
    [​IMG]
    andy returning a nice fish around the 3lb mark
    [​IMG]
    andy couldn't stop nailing them on his lures
    [​IMG]
    gary waiting to get into some rod bending action
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

well thats most of the pictures i took over the week as i never take my camera out with me haha :canadian: i'm sure i just bought it for show, cheers to alan, martin, andy, john and gary for a great week again carn't wait for september to come round.
    sorry about the pictures first time posting lol :embarrass: hopefully people will take this into consideration :canadian:

cheers lee

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I enjoyed your post Lee you did very well, we tried a couple of new things some times it pays of sometimes it dosent but its the only way i know
    of getting a thicker book ----- theres aeveral marks we fish that you would never just bump into , and thats what i love not following the crowd
    once more, very well done

11. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

cheers alan

12. madmickyb

madmickyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cracking reports and cracking fish ..as said its the sort of fishing some of us can only dream of !!....well done

tightlines ....mick

13. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Some good pic's there Lee and a nice little cameo of a report.Looking at those rocks again though has suddenly made my "bass foot" start to play up again :evil: :evil:
    You should be very proud of your achievements this week Lee and who knows maybe in September you might just push those Pb's on a little further.

14. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello,
    great report again Gary, and some super fishing topped off with that Bass of a lifetime....well done again lads and thanks for sharing your photos.
    Regards Ian

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Im sure it will be worth a serious bit of attention after dark , the bass fishing seems to perk up as the light fades the stage of the
    tide also is important

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I hope you are in training Sam :laugh: :laugh:

17. Maxie

Maxie New Member

some great fish and pics there well done.

18. rupert

rupert Blenny

What a cracking fishing you guys had - just shows what you can do - after all the hard work of sussing a venue and best tactics out!

19. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Brilliant set of catch reports - this is what makes this forum the best in the UK. Many thanks to all who posted.

20. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I have looked on the WSF forum and for me it isnt a patch on ours