1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General mozzers old rod

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by faraday, Mar 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

bought this old rod from Ian, (mozzer) a few years ago...

believed to be a cono cod 5, used it for a few years but eventually needed rebuilding.
    I aint no expert, and it's not perfect but getting better barr the cock ups!
    There's two pic's of before, the rest are after...
    20160323_234534.jpg 20160330_154132.jpg 20160330_154330.jpg cono full.JPG cono top.JPG

2. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Nice work trev, I have fond memories of that rod, it wasn't new when I got it, it belonged to a bloke that used to fish with Alan Jackson I think he used to go on MOG trips with a gang of them

• Like Like x 1
  3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wouldnt be at all surprised if you dont get a few inquiries from members to rebuild theirs, looks a nice job dont underestimate yourself

4. faraday

i remember you saying ian, and how many you dragged up boulby with it.

Thanks brian, i have had enquries i dont feel confident enough to do anyone elses, not for the foreseeable future anyway.
    got a couple of old fibreglass blanks to pick up from a lad in scarborough, to practice with ...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice work

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. faraday

put this one to bed, finished 2nd coat of hi build.
    maybe i should have rebuilt it with a longer spigot support on the base of top section.... 20160403_135037.jpg 20160403_134959.jpg 20160403_134953.jpg
    looking forward to using it as a summer clean / moderate ground rod.

picked up a couple of old blanks to practice on today, give me something to do before summer season starts...