1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving To Whitby From Scotland, Would like Help - Marks & Whitby Fishing Clubs

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by sidewinder, Oct 20, 2013.

1. sidewinder

sidewinder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi
    Im hoping to move to Whitby before Christmas. I live in Scotland at the moment and fish for the inverness team.
    Can anyone give me advise on fishing in the Whitby area. Clubs to join. pubs to go ETC.

Thanks
    Steve (sidewinder)

2. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

Re: whitby fishing

Hi Steve!

Lucky You! Search for the 'Whitby Bass Club' Great bunch of lads mate!

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: whitby fishing

Surely you mean the officially unofficial Whitby Bass Club.

There is an official club here in Whitby, you could search their details on Google but they dont allow us to feature there content here so I cant help you any further on the club front.

However if its information on fishing you require, there is masses here. Hang around, get to know the ladds and you will find just about everything you could need on site.

If you have any specific questions please ask as the ladds are always happy to help. You have the best anglers in the region here so the advice should be helpfull to you.

Shame your leaving Scotland as the fishing there is just awesome. But you wont find Whitby too bad, we have some great cod fishing from the shore, we also have bass and pollack fishing, but the pollacking is best suited to kayaks as its difficult to get them out from the shore.

Look forward to hearing more from you, and welcome to the site :)

4. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Just one thing - you might struggle to get a deep fried mars bar in a whitby chippy!
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Welcome to the site....as Glenn says plenty of information here and what you can't find someone will point you in the right direction. Hope your move to 'God's country' goes well.......fishing nirvana ....shore,kayak and boat......we have the best fishing in the country between Whitby and Spurn.....complete diversity not replicated anywhere else in this country. 8)

6. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Moving To Whitby From Scotland, Would like Help - Marks & Whitby Fishing Clubs

Welcome to the site m8 as the lads say everyone is friendly and helpfull on here just l9ok through some of the previous posts everyone is helpfull.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

7. sidewinder

sidewinder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for your comments guys.

The fishing in the highlands can be amazing at times. I just drift out 10 mins from home and im in to 6lb Pollock no problem. I sometimes get out from scrabster where cod ling and haddock are plentiful. I missed out on the last trip out to muckle flugga in the shetlands where its Norway fishing for a fraction of the price. my mate on his second ever trip out landed a 34 lb cod and he was pulling in two at a time double figure cod. he ended up only fishing one hook as he was knackered bringing two up together.
    I fancy a change of species and would like to target plaice if poss.
    I have only fished one comp . the Scottish open boat and came 12th but I only went for the fish not the prizes.
    hope to catch up with fellow fishermen and see what the east coast can bring

cheers
    steve.

8. Baramundi Bob

Shetland is a place I need to fish. Shame its so far for us. But its on the list of things to do. We have some excellent topics of fishing in your neck of the woods.

9. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=1521

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Re: Moving To Whitby From Scotland, Would like Help - Marks & Whitby Fishing Clubs

Hi Steve.

BRING ME SOME WHITE PUDDING!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

11. Baramundi Bob

And a square sausage.

12. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

13. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

Muckle Flugga in the shetlands hey! Sounds like another venu for the Tilston Bass Club a bit of a trek but it sounds worth it!! It's nice to have some inside info on the fishing way up North.

14. bow1

bow1 Rockling

thinks its called squasage glenn,at least that's we call it.

as said welcome to the site ,youll find help with anything gyou need on here.

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A very warm welcome to the site Steve , we are a very friendly lot and share stacks of information , I look forward to your posts , I love
    my fishing up in Scotland

16. Baramundi Bob

The Whitby Bass Club (Jakes Who Fish Officially unofficially, and weigh pumpkins in at halloween) will be working on a membership scheme soon, after approaches were received by members of the official Whitby Sea Anglers Association (Official) club such as James Gilpin who has requested to join our ranks. Our club will turn away no-one. All Jakes welcome.

Our AGM is to be soon where the executive honorary committee will be put in place to support our application to fish the Yorkshire 4's and The Bell Trophy. Our annual prize giving ceremony is this coming weekend.

17. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

"Larne"....there's some in my freezer ..... I'll swap you some for cart ;D

actually they sell it in "iceland" :)

18. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

Glenn, This will mean that the Officially Unofficial Whitby Bass Club will become Officially Official, so as a member of the Officially Unofficial Tilston Bass club I'd like to state my interest in becoming a member of the Official Whitby Bass Club - Now That's Officially Official!!!

19. Baramundi Bob

We will put you on our list of official members

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

20. NorthWestern

NorthWestern Blenny

hi steve welcome to the site,

if its not on this site about fishing our coast,its not worth knowing