1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOR YACHT MOORED AT WHITBY FISH QUAY

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by bigcod2, May 21, 2010.

1. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

2. hopper

hopper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its mine only use it on sundays any one fancy a trip out jigging give me a call
    BRAD PITT 07855609887

3. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

ha ha ha

4. martin

martin New Member

Think its the Gin Palace it was towed in by Whitby Life Boat last night

5. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

she was in a few weeks ago,

you want to get close to have a look indoors - talk about bling or what

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby RNLI crew rescues stricken super yacht

Date: 21/05/2010

Author: Alison Levett, Divisional Media Relations Manager
    Whitby RNLI lifeboats assist super yacht Absolute Pleasure (Credit RNLI/Whitby)

Whitby RNLI’s volunteer lifeboat crew rescued a 34 metre super yacht after one of its engines broke down, causing steering problems.

The 180 tonne vessel, called Absolute Pleasure, was en route from the Tyne to the Thames with eight crew on board when it got into difficulties yesterday afternoon (Thursday 20 May).

Both Whitby’s all weather and inshore lifeboats were launched and the volunteer crews spent an hour manoeuvring the yacht before the all weather lifeboat towed it to Whitby’s Fish Quay.

Whitby RNLI Coxswain Mike Russell said: ‘Because the yacht was so big and had lost its steering, we had quite a job on to manoeuvre it. Fortunately, though, the weather was good and the crews of the two lifeboats worked well together to bring the vessel to the safety of the Fish Quay, where it’s now drawing quite a crowd. It’s the sort of yacht that’s more at home in the Mediterranean than the North Sea so I’m sure it will be a bit of an attraction until it’s fixed and on its way again.’

7. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

i was on the job nice boat and a bit differant to towing in potting boats that are wound up she took some towing through the extentions as she weighed probably ten times as much as us