1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most unusual catch. What's yours??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Mar 6, 2014.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Bet we all have some funny story's about strange things we have caught whilst out fishing, but I think the strangest thing I have caught Is a Sea-Snake when I was in Africa closely followed by this rare looking thing.. A Blue Spotted Cornet fish.

[​IMG]

Anyone got any strange fish pic's and stories??

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well believe it or not, my funniest catch has to be a stone on the Esk. Hooked it through a hole in the middle and played it for 5 mins. No joke that either.

3. limpet

limpet Blenny

a puffin, a mallard and a tern :eek: ....

4. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I once caught a blue jumper XL weighed a tonne and kept diving in the surf as it crashed into the sea wall at RHB, thought it was the fish of my life, my mate caught a kelp tree the same evening, I had to hand haul it up thinking there was something decent on…I'm smiling thinking about

5. dyeox

dyeox Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi the most unusual thing i ever caught while fishing whith big cliff was a
    huge boot at furnace loch fyne scotland it was massive must have belonged to huge scotsman

6. Rockford

Rockford Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Funniest tale was from Big Cliff.I believe he was fishing Runsick
    He got this bite and reeled in thinking it was a decent fish.
    When it was beached the catch was a bucket with a one eyed codling in it.
    One of many great tales from the man.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I caught a red T shirt maky spinning on the north gare ,
    and i saw a bloke hook a baby wraped in a shawl on the Huegh in the sixties ,

baby was ok he just snagged the shawl .

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Few S.T.D. ....... but I crnt repeat the storys
    You wouldnt beleive me????

cod help me !

9. A Spider Crab....thought I'd got something really good !!

:-[

U

10. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Not strictly mine, but years ago I was crewing on a boat out of Brid, one of the lads hooked into something that was really making his rod bend double and bounce . In those days big Scarborough reels, 100 lb mono and broom handle fibreglass rods were the order, the lad couldnt handle it and asked me to get it up, took about 15 mins , the rod was banging about summat shocking, the lad took over when he had had a breather and finally got it up..

It was a single spring matress, the ripper had snagged the springs, as it came up the springs were slipping and bouncing , it felt just like a big fish ,probably a conger trying to get back into the rough.

Roger.

11. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Hauled in a spit(spade) once.

12. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ironically another rod and reel ;D

13. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Not the fish itself but the bait. I had a bass in Wales in a pork pie. I was messing about and told me mate that I would get one. Could not believe it when I did

14. GJW

GJW Rockling

Some great story's lads.. Keep them coming. ;D ;D ;D

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Having a good chuckle at that H....

Hooked a Baby...lol, :eek: :eek: I know its not funny but just had this vision of a baby flying through the air and an empty pram.... :D :D :-[

I once cast out John Powson baseball cap straight off his head, I was float fishing for Pollack and we were all fishing on this little rocky out crop, John was baiting up and next thing his cap was ripped from his head and sent seawards... :eek: ;D

16. DK

DK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I caught a snorkel in Skegness last summer. Luckly no one was attached to it. For the record it took crab on the bottom hook at 30 yards out. ;D

17. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Not me, but I remember Chris Wood, catching what we thought was a big Skate at Loch Ryan, he played it for ages in the dark. It turned out to be a large sheet of aluminium, which he had hooked in the only one rivet hole in the sheet. He was gutted.
    Cheers Col.

18. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

A few years ago down spurn I caught a pair of flip-flops in a netto bag,...gave me a right scrap...even worse..they wernt my size :'(....I also managed a seagull on the brigg it took my redgill round n round it flew till I managed to land it without hurting it....then the little shit tried to take my finger off ;D....mick.

19. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

I once caught a Labrador on marine drive, I forgot about that. It ran off with my baited trace, so I jumped on the trailing sinker and hooked it through the tongue. The owner was not pleased. So I gave him some pliers and said you can remove it. Bugger me when it was removed it went along to the next bait bucket and had its head in that one.
    Cheers Col.

20. congerball

congerball Blenny

Caught a diver at the mull!! On a wire trace hahahaha