1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moscow Photos

Discussion in 'Pints Piccies' started by Pint, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

A few more photos, not fishing didn't have any time, so putting them here for anyone thats interested. A few trips to Moscow - Russia.

Tsar Canon inside the Kremlin Grounds (38 Tonner - Pulled by Men and each canonball weighs 2 Tons and has a calibre of 35 inches !!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tsar Bell (200 Ton Bronze Bell)

[​IMG]

Tsar Bell Plunger (Weighing over 1 ton)

[​IMG]

Faberge Eggs

[​IMG]

Pictures of the Kremlin Courtyard and Parliamentry Buildings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kremlin Cathedrals

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kremlin Guards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kremlin Statues

[​IMG]

Metro (Underground) Marble Statue

[​IMG]

Red Square Cathedral

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red Square Statue

[​IMG]

Lenin's Tomb

[​IMG]

2. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good pics Pint, fascinating country and city, how did you negotiate the metro? or did you or someone in your party speak Russian? The statues in the metro were fantastic, did you have your passports checked a lot by the police? Did you go in that shopping centre adjacent to the Kremlin, serious money walking about there :surprise: and heavies, did you go to the Boar House? :evil: How did you find the Russian women :kiss: I nearly went blind :wounded:

3. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

cracking pics pint..looks a very strange,but very beautiful place...would'nt have fancied loading those cannon balls!! lol

4. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

Quint,

The metro wasn't so bad, as you know Cyrillic doesn't translate into english very well, so it was a matter of memorising the stops and counting them as we went on each line. Didn't get lost so must have done something right. Love the red square metro station where everyone touches the brass statues for good luck. I always take loads of photocopies of my passport with me and leave my passport in the hotel safe. The police are devils over there for confiscating the passport and ransoming it for you to get it back. Went to the shopping centre in Red Square , I think this was the one with the commemorative fountain in it and another which was three levels, I didn't know the word expensive until I saw those prices. Didn't go to the boar house but we frequented the Tinkoff which had its own brewery in the back of the pub, two course meal was £3.00 but a pint was £10.00, topless dancing in there too. Went to a good Japanese restaurant called the Benihama, the food is cooked at your table and the chef's juggle and act around with meat clevers in front of you, would never get away with it in the UK. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe a bit in the Old Arbat, talk of women, once they know your british they are all around you. I thought somen in Sweden were beautiful but Moscow beats it by miles. However, something seems to happen to Russian women over 40. In the new Arbat area though, I couldn't believe the amount of black limos and bodyguards, mafia I presume. One thing that shocked me though is that hardly anyone speaks English over there, it reminds me of mid 1980's Europe. Had a problem at the airport the last time going out, I'd left a 13mm ring spanner in my rucksack and it got into the lining, had to have the bag scanned 6 times until security found it and then it didn't look like they were going to let me through.

5. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great photos mate, looks like you had a great time.

It's certainly on my list of places to visit, beer seems a little expensive though! :happy:

6. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

All work and not much play I'm afraid