1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More nice fish today uptiding on sea otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Feb 6, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A break in this stormy weather there was a couple of lads booked on today but I said let's go for it as it turned out one lad didn't turn up so it just left one lad but as I allways say I don't like letting anybody down so off we went a nice day and some nice fish .

Attached Files:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

How big is that Paul ?

3. len29c

len29c Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hope Paul doesn't mind me telling you, it was bang on 6lb. Good photographer!!! made it look larger. It was a really enjoyable day today and I was very grateful that Paul didn't call it off when it became clear I was the only angler to turn up. That was my first trip up tiding but I'll be going again.

4. Baramundi Bob

How many fish did you catch mate ? and was Paul fishing ?? what did he catch ?

5. len29c

len29c Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I had 4 keepers, 2-3 put back, lost a good fish and many more bites. The skipper was fishing, best let him tell you how he got on?

6. Mark

Mark Blenny

Pauls probably still filleting his as I post. I've been out with Paul several times and given the chance he will out fish you 3-1 and at the same time he will always say to his anglers you need to do this or that and if you do not follow his advice then your a fool. Many a time he's said "right lads get a whole squid on it's that time" and bang fish on when you've been using shads all day . The bloke simply knows his stuff .

Cheers Mark.

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Frozen worm fished better than fresh yesterday we didn't sail till 10 am and was back in just after 3 pm not a lot of tide on the ebb maybe down to low pressure but I had 4 or 5 over 5 lb the best around 7 lb I had 15- 20 fish but had a couple of rods out it was good fun and really enjoyed those few hours and i think len enjoyed himself so all in all a nice day at sea .

Paul

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Hi len a nice day with 20-25 codlings on the boat between us not a bad session for 2 fishing the wind fell away to calm in the end just what the forcast said keep in touch len its looking a breezy for the next week and as the tides are now dropping away i would have been looking at hitting some wrecks if its fit to sail to get offshore march april time coming can be prime time for the wrecking .

paul.

9. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Any thoughts as to why that should be, Paul?. I would imagine that if anglers had the choice of buying fresh or frozen bait, they'd opt for fresh because you would simply presume they would be more productive.
    If the Cod were females then that would possibly explain this scenario, as we know they are totally unpredictable!

10. Baramundi Bob

Frozen worm can be far superior sometimes.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

As glen said frozen can outfish fresh. good frozen blacks are deadly and are better than some fresh but believe me tony it does work the other way from the boat and the shore i was once fishing robinhoods bay i had frozen blacks the lad next to me had fresh blacks it was a fish a cast for me he couldnt buy a bite to say he wasnt pulling his hair out would have been an understatement again normally fresh but sometimes frozen .

Look at peeler crabs in mid winter frozen are often 10 times better than fresh especially this time of year but just now and again if you have a fresh peeler it can outfish frozen i used to find if the water goes fairly clear in winter the fresh peeler does better but i know which i would use most of the time during the middle of winter and it would be frozen rather than fresh mad isnt it but thats how it usually works.

Paul.

12. Baramundi Bob

It sounds like Paul had 20 fish and his angler had 4 ??