1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Fish From Staithes - Couple off fish last night and a new PB.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by deano72, Oct 18, 2012.

1. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well with missing the good seas we have had lately thought i would give it a go last night,,with a couple off text to damo we were sorted,,damo wanted to fish hightlights but with me not been a mountain goat i was thinkin off the easy option,,cowbar,,

damo was at mine for 6 and off to cowbar was the plan,we got there to meet up with mike 33,,there was all ready ppl fishing on the jetty but thought we would give it a go any way,,the sea had flattened right off but there was plenty of colour,,we quickly got set up and cast out,,45 mins later not even a bite,,

me and damo had a chat and came up with 2 options,,home or a move,,a move it was,the tide was now on the ebb so off we went round the cliffs towards staithes nab,after a slow skate round for me,,need some waders with studs,,we weree there,

quick bait up and cast into the gully,,5 mins later got a tiny bite,waited ,and waited then another bite,fish on,,took it easy,it was a nice little mop about 2lb,damo got a bite at the same time but was to keen and missed it,,

qiuck bait up with crab and blacks and recast,,nothing at all,rebait and a walk down the gully,10 mins later little rattle the a sharp pull,,fish on again,but this time it felt a better fish,by now damo was back up the scar baiting up,

,i wound in very steady,then out off the darkness came a loverly fish,,i walked to the waters edge got the fish in the middle off the scar and was jumping around like a mad man,,it was a very nice 7lb cod,my new pb for shore fish and only my second season back,,

we had a few more casts with a couple off little bites but no more fish,,we called it a night about 11,30,and enjoyed the walk back to the car.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: couple off fish last night

great report and well in :cheesy:

3. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Well done Deano,always nice to get a p.b.

Plenty of time yet to raise the bar a bit higher but a great start to your season.

4. mustgetsomesleep

mustgetsomesleep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

couple off fish last night

Well done dean mate , nice looking fish

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Deano, well done on the fish and the new PB..............

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done on the new PB Dean, thats what this game is all about.

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done on the PB dean :yes:

8. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, spot on well done mate

9. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

nice one Dean.. what a cracking start to the season for you...
    cheers
    Paul

10. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done, we fished the jetty the same night, was shocked when 6 or so lads turned up :crazy:

11. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

were u the 2 lads fishing the harbour???

12. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

yeh nice one deano, pulling out one of my stockies, seriouslyl though well done. ps phone me now about rods, lost your number, and a lot of others

13. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done deano 2nice fish and a good pb. wer do u park at staithes with access 2 all the marks ie. the jetty the cliffs and the scars, thinkin ov avin a look round ther somtime next week in the day 2get my bearings seein ive got a week off work :happy: :wink: do u not get any problems parkin? its just that i think i remember readin somthin on ere lastyear wer lads wer gettin in trouble parkin at staithes.

thanks matty.

14. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

park right at top of staiths bank, or right at the top of cowbar, it only adds 10 mins to a 20 min walk to the marks, if you fill up with fish be prepared to pant a bit on your way back to your car :yes:

15. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks paul ill av a look. i hope ill be pantin on the way back lol :laugh: :laugh:

16. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Aye, had my fixed spool on my multi rod plopping it in as i've done my arm in :vomit:

17. robq

robq Rockling

Nice fish, well done :cool: