1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Doubles, PBs & A Trip To Wrasseville - Mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Mistress Gallery On Whitby Sea Anglers Facebook Group

We finally got a decent forecast yesterday which gave us a green light. The drift was fast first thing in the morning,
    so we took the opportunity to get a shed load of bait ready for the tide easing, I had an incling the wrecking would be spot on.

so as it eased we hit the wrecks, 1st wreck 1st drift we had 5 rods in, and it carried on most of the day through slack and through the ebb tide, most drifts we had at least 2 rods in to fish, taking a mixture of cod, pollock and mostly lings tbh. there were a good few straps among it.

Paul from Donny had never been before, and this is how it normally happens . . . he was fishing next to me and hot into a good fish, i wasnt surprised as id had good fish from this particular wreck in the past he was patient and took his time till we saw the fish, he was absolutely over the moon, with a cracking 15lber!
    [​IMG]

we carried on fishing moving around taking fish everywhere we went, the drift increased as the breeze fell away to nothing, so i said to lads we'll give one more wreck a go before it gets too fast, you guessed it, Paul snagged bottom, then hit rod lunged over freeing him up, and the fight was on again for the lad,

again he took his time and this one looked bigger! we weighed it and it went 17lb! another belter for the lad
    [​IMG]

---

Earlier in the week, we hit the inshore grounds for a spot of uptiding the fishing was a bit slow in the morning even though we finished up taking about a dozen keeper codlings between 2lb & 4lb. What did surprise us though was the amount of wrasse we caught on our crab, worm and squid baits.

They were all around the 2-3lb mark. they really are fantastic looking fish!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the afternoon we moved off to small bit of ground, where we took a steady picking of codlings again mostly in the same stamp with a good few chuck backs.
    eventually as the tide eased again we hit the wrecks fishing off with plenty of lings for the lads.

Mistress regular Tony shows off one if his fish
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tides and weather are absolutely perfect next week for getting one of those PBs, the wrecks have had a good rest the last month with the bad weather we've had, we have a few spaces if anyones interested, give me a call on 07977 436903

Tight Lines

Rich

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

keep up the good work rich

3. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

cheers Dan, the fishing should be excellent this set of small tides, hopefully a few new pbs for our lads

4. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Quality fishing there rich well done mate

5. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice work crew! Nice to see you back out after what seems an age of scuzzy weather

6. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Well done Rich! I've been tied up with my sick mother but she's out of hospital and improving. Don't think I can get a day with you before the one I've booked on the 28th but I'm really looking forward to that one!

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Re: More Doubles, PBs & A Trip To Wrasseville - Mistress

Beasts them ling. one my favourite eating fish. Mint in a curry.
    Good stuff rich , nice boating

8. bucko

bucko New Member

And BOOOOOMM!!! it seems like Team Mistress are rocking the port again- I hear they had an exceptional day today!