1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MONSTER HALIBUT CAUGHT OFF WHITBY

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jun 9, 2016.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A monster halibut has been caught by a local trawler off Whitby a monster of a fish we had a halibut just over 2 years ago on Sea-Otter 2 53lb a belting fish we know those Monsters are out there you never know if your names on it .

What a fish !!

[​IMG]w

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

To coin a phrase, "I think you need a bigger boat"
    Stonking fish, a few nice steaks of that.
    Perhaps explains why the fishing is so poor at present, that biggen has been eating them!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wow

4. bassman

bassman Administrator

Thats a big un :)

5. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good flatty .

6. Howard

Howard Blenny

Did it have a few rhubarb and custards in its mouth ? Have hooked into fish the last few yrs that you just cannot do anything with.
    Fishings improving our way Paul the water is clearing especially inside I had a good do yesterday. Thanks for bringing the but to our attention. Hell of a fish. H

7. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Nice Dab!:)

Brings a whole new meaning to 'flatty bashing';)

I don't know where they will get chips big enough to go with that! Not to mention the monster portion of mushy peas - Parrrp!:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  8. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

anybody know how much it weighed, what a monster hope somebody down there gets one like that on a rod

9. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hope you got the gps coordinates Paul

10. baldy1

baldy1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what a fish omg