1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

last minute job going sat morning 2 of us got some digs at drummore £35 per foom per night
    feels like christmas 2 days fishing in paradise
    any recent reports marks etc

2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Look at fish pal Scotland site,

Full range of Galloway fishing,marks,etc etc.

Njoy your stay,check weather etc so you can utilise time up there.

3. jc

been going up there a fair few years now so got decent knowledge and defo will not waste any time

4. jc

sat morning 5 o clock set off mog for 9 first time 4 hours roads very quiet
    booked in digs with dianne very friendly got changed and headed for a mark on west sde we have done before
    near the farm with the mad bull weather hot and sunny got to mark to be greeted with a seal
    anyway that never stopped us catching probably 20 pollack no biggies on feather float and spinner bait maccy strip from home
    back to digs for change clash for t and watch match but martin had quiz on from 8 so telly off so back to digs with a few cans for second half then bed
    sunday got up dug a couple of score lug and then big breccy sun and no wind again so decided on a mark near poret logan had wrasse and pollack again not prolific but lovely day topped with paul getting a wrasse of approx 3lb
    biggest ive seen caught
    all the marks seem unused dont think many do shore anymore
    oh and i forgot to say in an empty sea 2 blokes in a boat came and fished about 40 yards from us tossers
    which i had taken some big leads
    cant wait for next trip got some photois but dont know how to attach from phone
    drive back 6 till 10pm clear run

5. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Must be one of the best places for shore fishing. I think the sunny weather and clear water has sent the bigger fish off to deeper water.
    Last week we only had pollock to about 2lb round the other side of Luce. While float fishing from shore for mini spieces using size 10 freshwater hook to 4lb nylon and just enough lug worm tail to cover the hook I hit a couple of big wrasse that shot for the weed and there was no stopping them. Did you have any mackerel, we found them to be very hit and miss ?
    Best time to travel up there is either first or last thing.

6. jc

sorry for late reply been a hectic few days went to see roger waters in concert at manchester last night
    agree with the times we saved half hour each way
    we tried and failed for mackerel but we find more prolific in luce bay off mul we were fishing irish sea

7. navmanfish

Shine on you crazy diamond.

8. navmanfish

Must be one of the best places for shore fishing

id "echo" that

9. Zetland

Zetland Blenny

Did they write their fist single about you Bry?

10. jc

nice lads i feel comfortably numb

11. navmanfish

Zetland,

"You overgrown infant"

Slim chance 1st single about me,Ronnie is the only laine I knew,

Arnold was rather amusing song,but I'll get on my bike, hope

Your middle name ain't Eugene or I'm up the Nile without a paddle.

12. jc

ONE OF THESE DAYS i will LEARN TO FLY when i got enough MONEY and have TIME on my hands

we could go on some classics