1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well set off bright and early monday
    wee breakfast in springholm super start to the day then off to drop bags off at driftwood weather glorious
    then over to a west side markwhere you park near a silage wall and climb down steep bank
    we were using frozen maccy spinners and jellies
    paul first cast a bite second pollack bout 11/2lb
    i got one to surface who dropped off rest of tide nothing so went to mull for fresh maccy for tueday
    tuesday went to west side again assun and light winds fished mark near the lighhouse after going thro field with 2 bulls in scary. fishing started slow then bang fish every 10 mins or close to pollack up to 4lb big wrasse and a couple of maccy what a day celebrated with a curry at clash lovely
    wednesday both tired so had a days shore fishing new england bay bait freshly dug lug,limpets to tip off and maaccy
    both had a fish wrasse and bass no big size
    thursday home day sun out again by 11 so fished mull up had best day there for years with pollack to 2lb wrasse and maccy caught on float spinner tried for conger but failed
    3 o clock set off home knackered in for 9 washed some of gear and slept like a log

cant wait sept or oct for next one

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds like youve had a decent and enjoyable trip up there, any pics as from someone whos never been there I reckon some of the pics I've seen before are stunning and I never tire of seeing them

Real shame you never got that real biggie pollock but sometimes you can only catch whats in front of you

3. jc

thanks bud if we keep trying it will come have some pics but not sure how to post

4. brian carragher

If you use e mail you can e mail them over and I'll resize them and put them up

5. jc

ok brian will do on shutdown at skinningrove at present but will do asap

6. brian carragher

couple of pm's on your messages

7. jc

thanks bud been away with grandkids

8. jc

you should have pics now