1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by scrubbs, Aug 7, 2018.

1. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had session with Rich on the mistress, set off on a loverly morning :) went for macky to start for bait but they weren't exactly jumping in the boat, They were a bit later, with a couple of nice pollack getting cuaght on the daylights aimed at the macky, One of the guys got hooked it to something quite bgig but only to lose it half way up. The cod seemed to be a good size and not many under size. We tried wrecks and rough ground at different times of the tide. We also had a bash for some pollack quite close in. All in all a good day, I took home 2 nice ling and about 8 cod, But I wasnt trying very hard.:D Fish were caught on hokkias, shads and single hook baits rigs. He has been running father and son or dads and lads sessions on a tuesday as well either 9am till 3pm or a 2 hour evening trip.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice report there thinking of a boat trip myself

3. scrubbs

I'll probably going beginning of sept, well worth a trip with Rich.

4. jc

WE LOOKING AT BACK END SEPT ON A SUNDAY HOPEFULLY

5. scrubbs

fishing the festival maybe?

6. jc

did not realise its just when mates are free

7. scrubbs

Have you got booked? I am booked on for Mon 17th , hope the wind on sunday thats forecast doesn't mess it up.

8. jc

still trying to organise when everyone free so not yet but feel i will just book the 2 from redcar and sod the rest

9. scrubbs

Ha.... "time and tide wait for no man" just tell 'em what day you 3 are going , and if they want to go they can ring Rich and book themselves on ...Then they aren't left out and if they want to book another day they can let you know to see if YOU are available. everyones happy...ish.:D

10. jc

hope you had a good day today bud

11. scrubbs

Yes had a very good day, nothing quite big enough for prizes but 8lb cod caught on a rattleback a lovely wrasse and about 12 ling, I kept 6.
    The wrasse went back the smaller ling went back all size but too small to take home. The first and second daily prize was On Mistress , both ling, both weighed 15lb 2oz both caught by the same person and that person was a Lady angler. :) never know, she might win the comp? Rich put us on a shoal of mackerel about 10ft down so we had enough for bait after about 20 minutes. Most people were bait fishing using macky or squid a couple were using hokkias or shads. There was a couple of very nice cod as well. The weather was good, the chat was pleasant . All in all an excellent day. (just cooking some mackeral in the oven now.):D

Check out his facebook page for pictures Mistress Sea Angling Charters - Home | Facebook

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  12. jc

glad you had a good day as weather shutting fishing down for a few days
    lovely fresh maccy i got some from gare and smoked them

13. scrubbs

I find them hard to light and taste like capstan full strength ....:D ha ha I will get round to doing that one year. Do you vac pack them after you have smoked them ? how long do they last?
    Have you managed to book a trip yet?

14. jc

no just seal them in freezer bags eat within 3 months always good
    no trip booked yet its going to be october now but agree im just going to book for 2 and tell others when we going