1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mistress - Trot On - Sea Otter - Libby - When Are You Back To Sea ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, May 29, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I know you guys have been tied up the past few days with these bloody north easterlies and the swell. Have you looked at the weather forecast. when will you be back to sea and what do you think the catches will be like ??

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

the first boats should be back away tomorrow Glenn. Its always hard to predict what the fishing will be like after a blow, especially with algae being present too, theres a possibility we could be in for a surprise when we get back out

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A good or bad surprise Rich ? Also what methods do you see doing the business in the coming month ahead ?? Any advice on what tackle to bring etc.

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

could be a good surprise. the shads have been working best Glenn. even over slack we were dropping on the wrecks with bait and the shads were still nailing them.

the mackerel will be through any time now too, we usually find the fish switch to fish based baits from squid around now.

i always use 40lb trace line for shads, a trace usually between 3-5 ft does the business.
    I recommend 10-12oz leads for shadding

when bait fishing i always recommend 100lb trace line minimum, a lad was smashed only the other week using 80lb.
    i recommend 12-16oz for bait.

5. bbhlfc

bbhlfc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Away tommorow glen fingers crossed i know last monday the algie was actually clearing right out in the late afternoon on the flood tide so its just fingers crossed tommorow hopefully shads should be on fire tommorow but after a blow you just never know but i do think it didnt do to much damage .

paul.

7. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Managed 2 spek to dollys lad earlier he said his dad was out so hopefully by time I get back om tuesday will be good fishing