1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing angler near Burniston

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SJG, Jan 31, 2014.

1. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Any news?

2. glassback

glassback Blenny

no more news as yet ,but as soon as i find out anything i will let
    every one no .

3. glassback

glassback Blenny

theres still no more news on nige
    but still hopefull he will be found

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks Andy for keeping us all informed.. I suppose whilst there is no news there is always a glimmer of hope... lets not forget this was one of our very own Forum members and friend to many on here. Lets stay positive..

5. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Well said bud. Here's hoping.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

6. pmac

pmac Blenny

any news yet ??

7. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

To be honest, I don't think we will hear anything good now. If true that they found his jacket and trousers, I can only imagine that he fell in and took them off himself to try and stay afloat. And if he managed to get out, his dogs would have found him, or signalled him being there.
    And, knowing the kelp there, even finding him might not be on the cards. I don't say that lightly.
    Good news now would be more than a miracle. Sadly.
    :-(

8. glassback

glassback Blenny

no there has been no more news yet
    but as far as i no the coastguards stopped searching after
    they found some of his clothes and wallet .
    the cliffs were he fell from are upto 100 ft .
    i personaly hope his body will be recovered .
    but if the coastguards are not looking now then its only
    likely he will be found by anglers fishing in and around the area.

9. pmac

pmac Blenny

Thanks for the update.

This has certanly made me think about where im going to fish
    by my self. The thought of what happen sends shivers down my spine.

10. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what must his poor wife and family be going through,not being able to put closure to this nitemare till he is found
    I really sympathise but could not possible know the heartache they are going through :'(
    all the best to them

11. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well said bud his family must be going thro hell
    but still hoping

12. robq

robq Rockling

All these strong offshore winds and lack of decent seas arent going to help, with regards to the sea giving him up :(

Even when it does, the area north of hayburn is so vast with virtually no access, he may never be found :( I doubt that many anglers will be venturing up towards staintondale and rocky point now

13. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

A tragic story and a lesson to us all.

Not the first and probably not the last, but hopefully a warning to everyone who goes out fishing by themselves and the dangers that await anyone who takes one risk too many.

My thoughts go out to his family.

BP

14. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I fish alone pretty much all the time, so it is something I have thought about a fair bit.
    I reconciled myself with the fact I don't think I fish crazy places, and if the worst happens, at least it is doing something I love. Same as it was something Nigel loved.
    It could be a drunk guy coming the other way, or a trip down some stairs.
    Also, I have always said I wanted my ashes on Filey Brigg, so if it cuts out the middle man and saves on funeral costs for my family, so be it.
    Life is for living, and Nigel's family at least have the comfort of knowing he was doing that. And his dogs were probably all the company he needed. Or wanted. Like me with mine whilst fishing.
    Peace.
    :'(

15. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

:'( really hope his family and friends get the closure they need soon.