1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing angler near Burniston

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SJG, Jan 31, 2014.

1. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

My thoughts go out to his wife family and friends. I am free tomorrow if needed

2. scaleback

scaleback Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hope he is found safe thinking of his family at this sad time my thoughts are with all the family may god bless and keep him safe

3. glassback

glassback Blenny

just a quick update lads the search is still on going ,
    but as yet nige is still missing .
    but everyone is staying positive and hoping for a good outcome .

sally has just told me the latest news from the police
    and thanks every one on here for there suport at this difficult time
    and wishes she could be out there with everyone searching.
    also there should be an update on look north tonight
    thank you andy

4. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

:( just logged in and had everything crossed for good news , listen guys we are up in Northallerton i have to drop my eldest off for work for 11am but if a search is still on the cards for tomorrow i should be able to get down there for lunchtime ? Can someone PM me their contact number so i can call or text for whats happening tomorrow and where to meet as im not that familiar with the area . This is so so sad :'(

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

been watching this develop and hoping its turns into good news .... i didnt realize till someone mentioned "crazyhorse" .. although i am from the north east i had met Nigel while fishing chapel st leonards, dimlington, and easington quite of times.
    he always remembered me and would make make a point of stopping and having a bit craic... he is a sound bloke..
    my heart goes out to his family and i hope they get the support they need

6. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

Any updates guys ? did a search go ahead today ? :(

7. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Horrible story. Hope a miracle happens and he is found. Scares the life of me this, fish alone a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ellicit712000

ellicit712000 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Any news guys regards finding him?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

There was some items found yesterday below where nige was fishing. They were handed over to the police/coastguard. I dont want to say any more than that as Its not my place to do so. Thanks to the lads who found them, they walked miles down there yesterday.

10. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sad to say, but I think we have all been expecting the worst. Certainly I have, after seeing no sign of a light and the dogs having stayed so quiet whilst I was there.
    So very, very sad.
    As most of us say, it could be any one of us. Most times we head out. Even when we think we are safe, it only takes a slip, resulting in concussion or a damaged neck, as Mr. Schumacher showed.
    If it is bad news, at least it was doing something he loved.
    I spare a thought for his family, and for some closure, one way or the other.
    So very sad.

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Aswell put as could be expected at this time thoughts are with family.
    Please when anyone is thinking about doing something even slightly dodgy. Clifftops. scaurs. Even boats just think back to this thread and although we all love it. it is only fishing. As you say very very sad.

12. robq

robq Rockling

Awful, awful news :( :(

As much as I really wanted to believe there would be a miraculous happy ending to this , I cant help but think the worst now :-X

To lose any fellow angler is bad but when its someone and freind you know well it hits home quite hard :(

It has made me evaluate my fishing safety, especially after My wife Nik found out as she knows Nige too. Every time I leave the house now she will be treading on eggshells

It wont stop me doing anything that I do now,but I will be taking extra precautions from now. I have just bought a proper climbing helmet today and I am ordering a new 200ft static rope later so that we can use double ropes and anchors from now on

I have had a few rocks on my head and near misses over the years :( probably one the greatest risks we face

13. andym

andym Rockling

A very sad situation scared to read the new posts I didn't meet Nigel but had chatted via pm on here with him awful situation

14. Rubby Dubby

Rubby Dubby Blenny

The thoughts of our members and their families are with Nige's wife at this time

Mrs C on behalf of FBAS Ltd

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Really hits home. I feel sick to the stomach reading this as it could of easily been anyone of us. Has a body been found?? If so at least then the family and friends have some closure and can take little comfort that he was indeed doing something which he enjoyed so much.. My thought go out to all who knew Nige and of course his family...

16. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Also a lad missing Arbroath area, tangle ha. Was going to have a look to fish on Wednesday, could of been me. Really hits home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very very sad news
    Met Nigel once ,I bought some crab off him and he was a thoroughly decent bloke to do business with .went out of his way for me and everything
    Still hoping for a positive outcome
    Thoughts are with his family

18. glassback

glassback Blenny

no more news realy today apart from what ray said yesterday that
    his jacket ,trousers and wallet were found .
    i realy hope that he can be found ,at least his wife and family can put
    closure to this sad accident .

19. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Very sad indeed! This is what we as anglers dread the most! Lets just hope for some closure, If not a miracle

20. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

Yeah tangle ha was very naught on sat,