1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minus Four And A New PB For Mistress Rich

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I met up with Rich Cope at Saltwick with 3 hours to go untill low tide. I was unsure if the water would be coloured and if the snow melt would effect the fishing.

Our first mark was Saltwick Nab. Our first cast resulted in billet bites so it was a quick move round into Saltwick Hole. We fished the rock islands in the back but it was instantly clear there was nowhere near enough swell in there for it to fish.

So onto our third mark - Cheese Rock. Again we had 1 cast each but the fish just would not play ball for us. There was a nice bit of colour but probably not enough movement. So off we went again, this time to Whitby Scars.

After watching Rich slide down Saltwick Nab on his ar$e we decided to fish Real Hole. There was a nice bit of swell coming in and the place was thick with colour.

First cast I had a bite, and I could feel the fish pulling away but I was fast solid. I decided to pull for the break and sadly that was the end of that, and the last action I saw all night.

We decided to stick it out in Real hole and the decision paid off for Rich. On his second cast in the hole he announced he had a billet bite. Then I noticed he had a slack liner, which is rare for billets, especially in a place like real hole.

Everytime Rich wound down to his lead the fish slacklined him time and again. So I suggested he hit it. The fish was on and Rich was winding away shouting "This is a better fish". After a few heart stopping moments when the fish went to ground, Rich landed the only fish of the night, and even better, a new personal best of exactly 5lbs.

I wish I could have got a picture of the lads face, a big smile from ear to ear. It was a poor night for me, but seeing Rich get a nice fish more than made up for the lack of numbers of fish.

Baits used tonight included Tell Pie, Worm, Cart Mussel and Peeler.

[​IMG]

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done to Rich , a nice fish on a difficult night. I had a wander round the scars at staithes but left before low water. I must be going soft it was freezing. four rods down there and no fish when 3 of us left at about 9

3. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Cheers for showing me a couple more marks tonight Glenn, really enjoyed it, the fish is just a bonus. which time were on about where i was on my arse? i counted at least three! :canadian: i must get some studded waders!

killer has already warned me about break dancing on the scaur!

4. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

Nice one rich

5. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Rich that's a nice fish mate. By you are certainly giving this shore fishing a good go.
    Whats with the beard did you not no you would be getting your photo took :tease: .
    Nice one.

6. spudgun

spudgun Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I knew I'd feel pig sick as soon as I checked this forum. :)
    Nice one Rich. Hope to meet up sometime soon.

Fishing beard mate for getting PB coddos. Every unshaven sessions a winner. :cheesy:

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great stuff Rich top marks on the PB mate.. :yes: It was a cold night and deserve a nice cod for your efforts.

8. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Well done Rich,nice fish!

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Rich and good write up Glenn, cracking fish :cool:

10. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great report and excellent result very well done

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Nice one Rich , you done well winkling a cod out in not ideal conditions ,
    lets hope the norterly's bring them on again :happy:

12. eto

eto Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Ricardo

Nice one Ricardo, if anyone can pluck one out I'm sure you can buddy!!!
    Hope Joe doesn't read these forum's mate,
    oop's - don't want any mishaps.
    I need you in one piece come March!!!!!

Regards

eto

13. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Nice report Glenn. What is Tell Pie?

14. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

brill report Glenn and well done on the cod Rich,it definatley makes the cold go away when you land a fish like that,exellent!!

15. woody

woody New Member

well done rich

16. halibut man

halibut man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done rich. I was on the scar at 4am this morning not a fish, Great write up Glenn

17. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Nice fish Rich
    Great feeling when plans come together and you get a nice bit of tea for your efforts :happy:

18. smokey

smokey Rockling

Hermit crab tails :wink: Only if you are north of Scarborough though,we call them tow pies :happy:

Well done on pb rich,fully deserved in conditions like that :happy:

19. woody

woody New Member

do you lads just use the tails i was using them whole , always wondered why they fished so poor for me lol !!!

20. smokey

smokey Rockling

Tails only mate,can be a very deadly bait on it's day :wink: :happy: