1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messin about on the river - kayak fishing

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by carpyken, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Davo

Davo Rockling

Come to think of it. It wasnt the far bank, it was above Mullberry's boundry.

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Very well maintained water- I had a look at it from the road bridge on a scenic route drive back from Hull once. As you can imagine, I was soon ejected from the bank.

3. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

iv driven past there no end of times n keep meaning to call in..think i will now!
    yeah i'll look into that bud..95% of my fly fishing has been on still water so will be nice to try something different

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Ian, is wansford trout lake chalk based? Just looked on their site and it looks like it is :happy: If it is, i'll be booking a day not too far into the future, if everything is ok here that is.

5. bucko

bucko New Member

You would have thought so Dave with the bulk of the Wolds rivers and streams running off chalk.
    Give me a shout if you fancy a look down there- I like the idea of the flow to work your flies rather than relying on the wind.

6. Davo

Davo Rockling

Will do Ian, and maybe meet Shammy there, if he fancies it :whistle:. I'll ask the lazy bugger Mouldy, to give it a go too :cheesy: :laugh:

7. bucko

bucko New Member

Just make sure he gets to bed early the night before eh- he was looking a bit 'jaded' when I last saw him down the Gare.
    I'm sure Shammy could maybe put us in the right direction for a decent lunchtime pint though!

8. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

sounds good to me lads..give me a shout when ya fancy it!

9. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

cheeky sods...i'm like a coiled spring!!!!!!!

10. Davo

Davo Rockling

Aye, you dont do too bad Phil :whistle:. But are you coming to Wansford?

11. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

as long as theres enough room for a rookie that ends up with spaghetti dropping round him :embarrass: :laugh:

12. Davo

Davo Rockling

I suppose we could put up with a tangle lass for a few hours :laugh:. Just ask your lass if you can borrow her knitting needles :whistle:, it usually helps :gum: mate

13. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

cheeky sod!

14. Davo

Davo Rockling

You'll be ok, its all part of the learning curve. :happy:

15. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Some lovely pictures there Ken ,allmost thought i was on the river bank,and a lovely read as well :yes: keep it up mate ,tight line,s Harry

16. Fluffchucker

Fluffchucker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

really enjoyed the read and pics. Beautiful scenic bit of water I reckon there must be a few spotties in there. ??
    Wish I had that kind of fishing on my doorstep.
    thanks for that report, regards derek.