1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Phil the Tyke

Phil the Tyke New Member

Does anyone know of a good contact for servicing a mercury 60hp engine. The boat is in barnsley at the moment but can tow it a reasonable distance to get a good job done.
    cheers phil

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Theres a couple of folk I know that do them, one's ex lifeboat mechanic and the other is still a lifeboat mechanic, only thing is they're based up here, Is Bill Higham not closer to you?

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

lads up here as brian says are top class mate uses them all the time for his boat at hartlepool

4. Phil the Tyke

Phil the Tyke New Member

Hi brian i don't know bill and i don't know where the lifeboat mechanics are.

5. Phil the Tyke

Phil the Tyke New Member

i am prepared to travel to get a good job done. Had it done last year and got mega ripped off, and didn't even do a good job

6. Phil the Tyke

Phil the Tyke New Member

I am looking to get the job done before we take the boat back to whitby in april, so no rush.

7. brian carragher

Bill Higham Marine based just outside Manchester in Worsley

The lifeboat mechanics are based in Redcar, they've done a few engines for folk on here

8. Mark

Mark Blenny

Hi Phil, if it’s just a service you Need then it’s a relatively easy job to complete yourself you can pick up the service kits online for your engine model/serial number. If not I can certainly say Bill higham is good have used him/them a few times.

9. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Like bri can only endorse lads he mentioned.

If bringing boat up to whitby for season use someone local

And you have personal touch.

10. Phil the Tyke

Phil the Tyke New Member

Thanks for your help guys, just spoke to bill higham £125 + parts + oil. Sounds good enough to me.
    Cheers
    Phil

11. brian carragher

Happy days, good luck for the summer fishing

12. esoxuk

esoxuk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

There's a guy in Chesterfield that myself and quite a few mates use, he works from home and always turns the engine around quite fast, with good attention to detail and at a reasonable price.
    He's called Gary and his number is 07766 542881

13. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

steve at leeds marine does mine

14. Phil the Tyke

Phil the Tyke New Member

Many thanks gary is on with our engine now

15. esoxuk

esoxuk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm sure you will be satisfied