1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorable swale session

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mattylamb, Jun 29, 2014.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Had a fantastic few hours on the river swale today. It seems so long since I caught a barbel but today I got 4 including 2 that could maybe have reached double figures. Unfortunately I had no scales :( . What a memorable session, still buzzing!

Started by dropping in 5 large droppers of hemp in my chosen swim then spent the next hour walking the bank and sorting rigs out before I started fishing.
    Fish were straight at me and I lost 1 then got 3 in 3 casts. It then went quiet so I gave the swim an hour off . First cast back in and another barbel. Then it was time for home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's top top fishing Matt, really envious looking at those pics, was thinking of an evening session but talked myself out of it, now I wished I'd gone

That's a proper session and one for the memory banks, well done

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Cheers Brian, its certainly my best ever barbel session, and an unexpected one too with it being mid afternoon and not a lot of water in the river.

4. alan whitwell

alan whitwell Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That one hell of a session there matty, very welldone, certainly looks like the swale is firing on all cylinders this year, top fishing again mate!!!

5. congerball

congerball Blenny

Fantastic fishing that! Well done. Nice photos too!

6. Davo

Davo Rockling

Top fishing Matty. They take some getting in dont they- especially when theres quite a bit of water in. I done the same mistake at Thornton and on the Tees as you. Had possible doubles, but didnt have the camera. Well done.