1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members Memorable Catches & Specimen Gallery

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Dan, landing some decent fish on the waggler. Do love sitting there watching a float, tis good fun :yes:

2. coasty

coasty New Member

Some good pictures there.. I only fish rivers and prefer catching wild fish . This one made my day on The Rye , I didnt weigh it but I reckon it was close to 3 lb and as pretty as a picture. It was nearly 18inches ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best wild fish I have had for many years around these parts..

Andy

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

now thats a proper fish coasty, well done :yes:

4. coasty

coasty New Member

Was a fish I caught last year ...

The state the rivers are in I arent fishing at all at the moment

Andy

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Really is a beautiful Brownie there Andy, markings look like they were hand painted by god himself :yes: :cool:

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Some brownie that mate :yes:. Have you ever heard of bigger wildies out of the rye or any of its tribs ?

7. bucko

bucko New Member

Fantastic fish Coasty- nice to see it going back too.
    Hope it tucks itself away somewhere discreet so you can catch it again next year for another PB.

8. coasty

coasty New Member

I think there are some seriously good fish in the Rye and perhaps the Dove and Derwent , but they dont give themselves up. As for putting it back I just couldnt kill a fish like that . I have caught many many brownies but wild fish like that are something special.

• Like Like x 1
  9. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

That brownie is a beauty.
    Here's 2 memorable ones for me.
    The first was a salmon from the Wear last September. It was memorable for 2 reasons - firstly it was a new pb (estimated 13lb) and secondly it was a bit of a fluke in that it took the fly as it dangling in the water while I was wading out. Put up a great battle on a single hander and was returned. The second was a couple of years ago from the river Torridge in north Devon. Our group hadnt had a salmon all week and I managed to save our reputation by catching this 10lber on the last day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Can anyone help me to upload piccys as I'm a total computer numpty got a nice shot of my PBS pike at 20lb 14oz but try as I might I can't upload it :angry: :angry:

11. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

pb pike from the swale on an odessy pig 20lb 14oz [​IMG]

12. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish that mate, i know that peg :whistle:

13. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Some very nice fish

Here are a few of mine.
    From Wykeham pike lake, part of 3 carp that reside in there, had two of them a 17lb and this one at an ounce off twenty

[​IMG]

This is my pb carp at 32lb 8oz caught on maize

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is a carp I work very hard for from a Norfolk River, no one had caught a carp out of it before, I was told none in there but seen one and just about a year later I had this 18lb mirror as well as many bream

[​IMG]
    Poor pic but camera was dead as was my phone. Only shot I got
    Few bream too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Loved my winter carp fishing
    [​IMG]
    A carp I had that day as well as the 6lb7oz tench

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used to be into piking big time, had fish to 24, but no pics at the mo one of me in Scotland
    [​IMG]

I will find a few more out, had a session with bream to 15lb+ ,trout to 10lb4oz wild browny to over 4lb, perch to 4lb. Eel to 3lb.

14. coasty

coasty New Member

Nice fish mate but why are you dressed in a Gorrilla Suit....

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Love it :laugh:

16. mike_t

:cheesy: was a laugh while on a Scottish loch, :laugh: rowed past a busy campsite got some funny looks. Almost scared the old balif on Wykeham into the pike lake with it too. :cheesy: :laugh:

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love the Gorilla suit :cool:

Some cracking fish there bud, that 32lb Common really is a beauty (is that a UK fish?). You did very well to get a Carp out of the Wykeham Pike lake, I thought about having a go for them there about 6 yrs ago but never got round to it. I've barely been freshwater fishing this year, regret not getting out.
    I used to be big into my Carp fishing, had quite a few sessions last year but only been out twice this year. Think I'll start Piking soon though.

18. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

[​IMG]

That's a beauty bud, well done. I haven't used an Odyssey Pig in years. I'm sure I have about 6 somewhere.

19. mike_t

Yes Sam it's English from Linear fisheries, part of a 54 fish in 5 days haul.

I fished Wykeham 2000 - 2006. Was on just about every weekend. Fished trout lake for pike for free back then, had the monster follow a dawg to the boat.

I hardly fresh water fish now, family come first. Am going for three day session next weekend with the eldest. The reason I didn't go in for grand slam thingy.

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Very nice fish, my biggest UK carp is 28 3/4lb which wasn't bad for a north yorkshire fish back in the 90's.

I remember losing a Pike in August 2006 at Wykeham, deffo high 20's if not bigger. It spent the rest of the day sat in the shallows ignoring every lure I had :cry:

Hope to join Ken at some point for a Pike yak session on the Ouse, welcome to join us if you fancy it?