1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members Memorable Catches & Specimen Gallery

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Apr 13, 2012.

1. bucko

bucko New Member

Any photo's you have of 'special' fish please post them here. Whether its weight, conditions or rarity that make it special- if you have photo's, feel free to share them here.

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Excellent thread idea Bucko :yes: Unfortunately I don't have photos or have them digital copies of some of my favourite catches but he are some of my freshwater fishing
    highlights from the last couple of years:

New pb Tench of 7lb 11oz, was well pleased to catch it on the lift float.

[​IMG]

PB Pike of 23lb

[​IMG]

First ever (and only) Salmon, caught on the fly. Was buzzin for days, was sooo nervous whilst playing the fish!

[​IMG]

PB Perch of 2lb 2oz, caught on lure. Hope to beat that this year

[​IMG]

28lb Carp, not my pb by a long shot but was a memorable catch because I hooked it on 4lb line and took 30mins to get in! Good job I had 300yds on the spool :cheesy:

[​IMG]

3. andym

andym Rockling

Good thread and some nice fish there Sam

Haven't got many pics of my early days fishing but this catch stands out not all good reasons though when I was 12 I caught a 19lb 5oz Rainbow but it was from Pickering not exactly a hard water but it stands out because it
    won me a lot of money and tackle and a very rare Shakespeare Master angler award and it was caught using very light tackle 5lb hooklength and was just short of the British record at the time.

But the not so good reasons were it was going to prove to be hard to beat in terms of PB fish and I wasn't really proud of the catch because of the venue it came from!

[​IMG]

Not changed a bit lol

But I eventually bettered it with this Cracker from a very local venue to me at just over 21lb and this catch really did mean a lot to me as it was achieved after putting countless hours in and in the end I managed to catch her twice

[​IMG]

Andy

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great stuff, guys and some really excellent fish and pics.

5. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some corkers there.

6. backlash

backlash Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

heres my two most memorable fresh water catches

first my pb pike of 22lb 4oz caught in october 2010

[​IMG]

33lb 2oz cat fish caught about 8 years ago

[​IMG]

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Very nice Pike and Catfish there :yes:

Andy, hell of a Trout you caught! That Carp looks like a New Marske Res fish to me :nerd:

8. andym

andym Rockling

That's right Sam one of the original fish "Mindy"

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Some cracking fish there thats carps a belter same .

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I think I caught 'Mindy' back in the 90's at 24lb (I think it was Mindy anyway), I know she was the biggest in New Marske Res at the time. Caught on dog biscuits :happy:

Had some lovely scale perfect commons out of there as well.
    Best day I had on there was 9 Carp for around 140-150lb, on two occasions that day I had two carp on at the same time (both rods screamed off!). Great fun!

Do you still Carp fishing Andy or have you packed all that in?

11. skaterboy

skaterboy New Member

12. andym

andym Rockling

I only really Kayak fish now Sam limited time nowadays but have the odd trip out with my son freshwater fishing but I will soon have him paddling with me proper fishing

13. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've put this one up elsewhere on another thread before, but might as well shot it in here. This is memorable not only because it's my pb pike at 22lb 8oz, but also because it was my first big fish. Before this, my largest fish had been a 12lb carp, and the sheer bulk of this fish as it came over the net just stunned me. One of those days where i couldnt even bring myself to fish properly after catching, I was just shaking after that catch with excitement (it was -5C at the time as well!). I'd convinced myself it may have been a double because it just came in like a heavy bulk rather than put up a fight - i'll never forget the moment that it surfaced and my brother and I gasped...

[​IMG]

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

It's a great feeling isn't it. Bit of an emotional rollercoaster within seconds, from the surprise and nervousness you get when you first relise it's a good fish to the massive relief you get when it's in the net! Days like that remind you why you go fishing

Nice healthy looking fish as well :yes:

15. skaterboy

skaterboy New Member

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice looking Pike there Skaterboy, would agree looks about 10lb and a nice looking Pike.

Nice Rainbow as well :yes:

17. skaterboy

skaterboy New Member

Thanks for that Sam.

18. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

My pb barbel from the ure not a monster barbel 9lb 14oz but it i caught it 1 min after being told i was wasting my time fiahing for barbel in that stretch of river

[​IMG]

as you can see i was supposed to be at work but me and another lad managed to escape lol that was 1 of 5 that day in a stretch of the ure "that doesnt hold barbel"

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cracking fish that scotty!

20. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

here are a few of mine.

As i only started course fishing last year these are the first course fish i have caught.

I stuck to waggler fishing all summer as i really didnt want to be sat behind some annoying buzzers all day waiting for them to go off.

My first venue was at a pond in Low Marishes which has a good reputation for some big tench.

The first two fish were a skimmer bream and a nice tench. These made up a good mixed bag of about 20 fish with roach to 1lb, perch to 3/4lb and a few rudd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next venue was birkdale fishery in terrington after my first carp. It took me all day to get a bite on the waggler as i was specifically targetting a bigger fish. Not sure on the size but i had a job trying to get it in my trout net.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since then ive got myself a light 9ft feeder rod and had a few carp up to around 5lb from scarborough mere