1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Megabass Bass Plugs - new bass lures from Graham Hill

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by glassback, Oct 16, 2010.

1. glassback

glassback Blenny

i was talking to graham hill last night and he has just got a load of new meggabass plugs in only ones in the country.
    he said they are brilliant,sure killers.
    he will be putting them up on his site as soon as he gets back from ireland nextweek.
    he is fishing the daiwa open on the holderness coast on 21st nov,so if you want any gear he will bring it to the match.
    he was impressed by all the questions everone sent to glen and said thanks.

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Re: new bass lures

you name dropping andy :laugh:

well my new lures will have to wait till after xmas now. :sad:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive spoke a lot to Graham on the phone this week. He is very keen for people to phone him to make orders as well as using his site. I think this is a good move on his behalf as he can pass on some tips and answer any questions at the same time. In my book thats great customer service.

What is also very apparent when you speak to him, is hes a very down to earth guys who is absolutely fascinated by fishing. So if your looking for new bass lures and a few tips at the same time, give him a bell. I will be putting the number on his advert sometime soon.

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Think I may take up mountaineering, try and climb Everest a few times, K2 and that one in Russia, certainly would be cheaper than fishing :confused:

I'll have to buy some of these new ones to keep mine company over the long winter months :hungry:

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

tart :wink:

6. newdave

newdave Guest

he must be absolutely delighted to have found this site, with this many tackle tarts queuing up to send him money he is on a sure fire winner. :yes:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

that include you dave?? :laugh: :laugh:

8. glassback

glassback Blenny

its called advertising ducky ,you should see the discount i get :wink:
    i sometimes drop your name in a conversation but i couldnt print it on here :laugh:

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

lol :laugh: :laugh:, you might get a free butty down the oasis. Good job Duckys thick skinned.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Im personally not convinced by it all to be honest . money . publicity etc etc .....Be in the right place with a good plug and the bizz is done . You dont have to fill your boots with 20 pound plugs with confidence instilled in them by a bass angler who lives in a spot were bag limits and double figure bass seem to be the norm...... :whatever:

11. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

I think you've made a good point there, dav. I've only just started Bass fishing using plugs and lures and the mere fact that there are so many to choose from is surely proof that all of them will catch Bass. It seems to me that where one particular plug reigns supreme, it has as least as much to do with other factors than just it's appearance and action.
    Where a particular plug or lure works well at one specific mark does not necessarily mean that it will work as well at another, even though there are fish present at both. After all, it's the angler who catches the fish, not the lure.
    Let's face it, if anyone managed to come up with a plug that was far more attractive to Bass than all the rest, it would soon become so popular that it would be mass produced and widely available which would therefore make it less expensive. I think that if this ever did happen, then they'd be little point in companies continuing to produce the 'less-effective' plugs and Bass fishing would become a lot less of a challenge and in so doing, much of it's appeal.
    I don't know what other Bass anglers think about this, but for me the fun is in trying out different lures from the bewildering choice that's available, and the best possible scenario would be to discover that the most successful also turned out to be one of the cheapest. And would I share such knowledge with the world if it ever happened ? :no: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Good valid points lads. I agree with both of you. From my limited time fishing for bass along with a few other lads I think we have all come to the same conclusion that there are a few lures that we would hate to go bassing without. They have proven to be bass catchers, they look right, feel right and cast right. Unfortunately they are quite expensive. Having said that I have probably wasted more money on the cheaper lures that I no longer use because of lack of confidence. By some miracle I have only lost 1 lure this season, my trusty mag popper which a bass took off with because I never closed the swivel properly :cry: so this season hasn't been too expensive for me personally. I think next year I will go for quality over quantity.

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i got a few cheap lures and only used a few could have got a couple of good ones wish i had done. :yes:

i will get mysen a couple of zonks ect but if i lose them :cry: i will not be replacing them till the next year (he says)

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

It's all about having a selection of plugs to cover the conditions you are likely to encounter, rough, smooth, side wind, night etc - in ideal conditions the Maria Chase is the first and only plug I will use, but when things change these top plugs certainly do come into play, take casting for instance, I have 2 yo zori crystal minows and although the action is great their casting ability for me is simply not up to it, there are 1 or 2 spots that it does work for me but on the whole it stays in the box more often than not

15. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Listen to the master and heed the straight forward commonsense, I'm crap at plugging in that its new to me and Quint, Ray, Glen, Buzz, Biscuit, Mike Dan and Damo are far more experienced at the moment than I am, but Its like fresh bait (quagmire coming) you get what you pay for and I know that you can catch bass on el cheapos but The better plugs (like better bait) will give more success all conditions being equal.

Les

16. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I reckon you could have a decent selection of lures for all occassions for £50 to last you the year (dont frown - think how much you spend on bait in the winter.....). For this i got this year a couple of jointed rapalas, a couple of yo-zuri crystal minnows, a maria and a storm chug bug.

I'm no expert but i've got these, they have a good action, work at different depths and catch fish. If you're good at not losing lures (which i'm not) you could get maybe two more expensive ones for this price. The mistake i have seen is somebody new to lure fishing, splashing the cash and losing the lure second cast. I think you need confidence and experience on the bit of water you are fishing - have a look at it at low tide to find out the hotpots and the snags.

I've found as well that the more expensive lures seemed to be designed at not getting snagged - all of a sudden when you get over a certain price you get lures that work very close to the surface. Food for thought....