1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May 2014 - Mull of Galloway report

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by congerball, May 14, 2014.

1. congerball

congerball Blenny

Managed to get up to the van at the weekend. The weather was a bit poor so we didn't get any Pollock sessions in as the rocks would be like ice. Took the opportunity to stuff our faces in the mull cafe!

Sunday evening was nice so we decided to have a chuck in the next bay round from the site. We walked to our chosen spot and baited up. I was using a two hook clipped wishbone rig, much smaller hooks than what I'm used to. The same could be said for the baits too, I was chopping the crab in half then whipping them on. Didn't look right but I'm aiming to get more flattys this year so it was with that in mind. I'll switch to the 5/0 pulleys and two crab when the darkness falls at high tide though!

So it was time to chuck it out, I opted for a hefty thump.

[​IMG]

I love summer fishing

[​IMG]

First up a flatty! A small Plaice.

[​IMG]

Then my first Bass of 2014 ooooooosh! 2lb bang on. Only small but very happy.

[​IMG]

My brother with his first of the season, another schoolie but very welcome!

[​IMG]

Then finally another flatty!

[​IMG]

Nice short trip, back up soon. Can only get better. I can't wait.

Tightlines everybody.

2. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one bud
    see all them worm casts
    just booked up for 4 days in july cant wait

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks as always for the updates mate. For some reason, despite poor catches on our last few visits The Mull still makes me get very excited.

I have mentioned a trip in late August to our Bass Club lads but it seemed the motivation to be there has drifted away. Im convinced the year we decide not to go its going to fish its balls off and with that in mind, even if I have to go alone I intend to get at least one trip up there this coming summer.

Please keep us informed on your trips and especially on the numbers of bass there. Obviously I dont need to know where or when, nor would I expect you to divulge all your info but if the bass are in good numbers around the bay this year I would be very keen to get amongst them.

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done lads. I always look forward to you reports and well done on sneaking a couple of early Silvers, lets hope its a bumper year..

5. congerball

congerball Blenny

Cheers lads, it was a short and sweet trip this time....more fishing next time we're up. Hopefully we will see some good reports coming from the area this summer.

Maybe you'll have to join the Harrogate Bass Club as a guest member Glenn! I don't book holiday as I like to stay flexible around the weather (and also the wallet) but I'll let you know when I have a trip lined up in July/August, if you're free tag along. Or maybe a little match if the other Whitby lads make it. We always have a good laugh, thats the main thing.

6. toonfireman

toonfireman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Plenty tope caught in the bay today

7. deece1981

deece1981 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Ben, canny little session there!! Great read and some nice pics..... all the best for the summer!!