1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mat And The Boys Hammering The Cod On Sea Otter 2 + Mats Secret Cod Bait

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Apr 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Another hell of a days fishing for the lads on sea otter 2 today mat who chartered Sea-Otter 2for himself and his 2 mates had over 60 codlings between them plus a 2 nd and 3 rd for mat in the festival plus a top secret bait revealed fully report later

The lads with a few of today's catch .

Attached Files:

2. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Mat And The Boys Hammering The Cod On Sea Otter 2

" top secret bait revealed fully report later "............ What's that baby food :)

Only jokin lads was expecting some bigger fish to be showing, well done all

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well mick mat showed that cod have other tastes than squid having a few beers as we arnt at sea tommorow due to blip in weather so later I will post up just what happened today .

Paul

4. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Mat And The Boys Hammering The Cod On Sea Otter 2 + Secret Cod Bait

I have seen a lot of things over the years and yesterday was no exception on thursday the lads hammered the cod on shads i told mat this the night before mat had chartered the boat for the 3 of them so he only got 2 boxes of squid each for the 3 off them from whitby angling not really enough if the cod are on the bait and not the shad you should allways come armed to teeth in case they are on either shad or bait .

The lads fished very well upto lunchtime on squid then mat said they had run out of squid but i have have some halibut steaks which he brought for the barbi which i had set up at the back of the boat for the lads.
    Next drift he put the halibut steak on his hook and as soon as he hit the bottom bang his rod went straight over a big smile came on everybodys face blood hell would you beleive it tonys rod mat mate who was on shad his rod was right over as well mat got fish after fish on the halibut steaks amaizing but there you go no rules in this game plus he got 2nd + 3rd with his 2 biggist cod on dailys in the festival what a day for the lads.

When the tide turned in afternoon it went mental for the lads shads were hammering the fish.

Mat hits the bottom with his halibut steak and bang over it goes so does tonys the racehorse man on the shad.

[​IMG]

There you have it cod on halibut steak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mat took 2nd + 3 rd in the daily prizes with these 2 fine fish.

[​IMG]

The lads had a super day 60-70 cod between them happy days.

[​IMG]

Cheers paul.

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bait anglers up here have been doing well on shrimp from the freezer centres, when they're on bait proper they seem to have expensive taste buds

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Brian seen lads use prawns many times tryed them myself years ago but i was surprized how hard the fish hit mat bait it was litterally instant .

paul.