1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marine Drive

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Marks - Photos And Information' started by quint, Aug 24, 2009.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Coffee Pot

[​IMG]

Hole to right of Coffee Pot

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Coffee Pot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

[​IMG]

Gulley to right of 'Coffe Pot'.........

[​IMG]

another angle........

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

thats one sexy boy in the beanie hat :yes:

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Can someone tell me please what the best tides are to fish the cooffee pot, and does it take much sea,
    allso do you need a ladder to get down or can you scrammble down, do you have a parking fee to pay, how close to the mark can you park, and any other info please thanks ,
    HARRY, :cool:

6. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Its a tide driven spot Harry so best fishing tends to be on the bigger tides, you can park opposite, you do have to pay for parking unfortunatly during the summer months, think its about £6 for all day, you'll need a ladder and the best fishing in the summer was on flat clear seas. Ive only got limited knowledge on this spot Harry but im sure some of the Scarborough lads will help you out.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Thanks for the info :yes: Ducky has offred to show me the way round on the drive,
    i will defo have a go this winter,

i have seen some good reports from there, and i think a few doubles came out last year ,
    think ramrod had one and someone ellse,

it certainly looks a very fishy area whith all that kelp,

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just found these on my mobi............

9. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi guys,

i am not from the area and maribe drive looks to be a farily substantial road, where abouts are the holes you refer to in this thread??

and you mention a ladder to get down, are the sea defenses that bad to cross??

cheers!!

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Don't get too bombed out with where the holes are, like many places we fish they are just names or reference points really. Fish can be caught all along the drive. There is no ladder, lads take their own which deed to be about 8ft long. The accropods can be slippy but the granite boulders to the back, which is where you fish from are ok really. The problems start when you catch a better fish as the only realistic way of landing it is to carefully navigate the accropods to get as close to the water as you can.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

And once your down watch your snood part, see the fish swim off, and think "Damn how am I going to get back up?" :crazy:

12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi lads. Once on the wall with help of a ladder. Do u then need a ladder on other side

13. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

step onto wall, place ladders on a flat pod leant against the wall arc top to get down, reverse procedure to get back up and over.
    carefu

there is another way using rope and a T stop looped through the walls drain hole to get back up.

if fishing low tide then you need to be down on the flat scaur rock, but careful climbing down the pods if thats the route you choose.

14. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thank u

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oliver welch

Oliver welch New Member

Great idea. I’ll follow this post to choose your tips. Thanks so much!