1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malibu extreme kayak

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike_, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mike_

mike_ New Member

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

It looks the biz kitted out Mike. I have a feeling i'm gonna become a kayak tart in the future.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Wouldnt mind knowing if anyone has had a go of one or knows of someonje that has , as they look a well set out yak , and at a good price too ........

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Do you fancy getting one Dav?

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Im defo getting a kayak davo , but as yet have not decided what to go for , sort of just sitting on the fence at the minute until i get the urge :cheesy:
    Had some good advise from glen who has explained a few things to me , and put me on the right track . which i must say has got me wanting one more ,,,, :happy: so hopefully by next summer the davonator will be plundering the intertidal zone up and down our coast ........ :laugh:

6. Davo

Davo Rockling

Great stuff Dav, might see you out there sometime. The wilderness system yaks, are catching my eye at the moment, but know doubt that'll change.

7. Dorado

Dorado New Member

They are heavy, slow (as in hard work to paddle in wind or tide) but have loads of room on them. You wouldn't want to use it at North Landing, thats for sure.

8. mike_

mike_ New Member

thanx dorado - iv been doing alot of reading up about them on the net, think i will stick with the tried and trusted prowler or scupper as recomended by the lads on here

cheers mike

9. kayakross

kayakross New Member

Hi Mike,
    Ive had a malibu extreme for 2 years now and would recommend it. Ive used a prowler but didnt like it because it was not as stable and drifted much faster in wind!!! My mate got the prowler and now regretts it after trying the malibu.
    Ross.

10. robq

robq Rockling

one mans meat is another mans poison :yes:

I prefer a kayak more speed rather than stability oriented for this coast. especially when heading a bit further offshore !!