1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maiden voyage

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SAGE, Sep 30, 2008.

1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

couldnt wait much longer so we took our newly aqquired malibu2 xl out :happy: :happy: , complete novice at this but made sure people were told about location, and times. we both had pfd,s, whistles etc. :yes: :yes:
    the location was picked carefully ....teesbay near the north gare, very shallow about 3 ft just to make sure my son didnt get to nervous
    [​IMG]

had a whale of a time, we even tipped it over just to see how we would manage to get back aboard, we both are now waiting for next season, or some nice calm weather in the near future,

[​IMG]

his confidence is there already, as only kids can have!!

[​IMG]

now all we need to do is kit the malibu2 out for fishing so any tips and advice from you accomplished yakkers would be great
    cheers
    sage & little sage

2. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done sage and little sage on your maiden voyage any info just ask theres plenty us kayakers on here
    cheers ian

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done Sage and Little Sage, just ask for any specific help, but a lot of your knowledge will come from experience and seeing what suits you two, I hope you both have hours of fun on the Malibu

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Sage and mini Sage, may see you on the water soon :wink: There are quite a few of us round this area now so if you ever fancy a trip out with a few of us then don't hesitate to ask.

5. SAGE

just need a bit of an idea about how ti fit an anchor system?, and where from , is it best off the bow so that you lie with the tide, how long should it be ? and loads of other stuff as no one near to me (durham)does it , or has one to my knowledge

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Hi Sage, great to hear of more new members to the kayak crew.

For the anchor trolley I used the info from here...

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_AnchorTrolley.htm

7. robq

robq Rockling

Well done sage :happy:

another one gets the bug !!

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done big and little Sage, looks like little Sage has taken to it like a duck to water... :yes: :yes: Its seems like this yakking lark is contagious...

Tightlines

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

If you need a hand rigging up the yak Sage then you are welcome to bring the yak over and we'll get it fitted up for you.

10. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

well done sage and little sage :cheesy: just got mine sorted,not overly familiar with the rigging etc yet but i'm sure it will come to me :embarrass:

11. SAGE

cant wait for calm seas, if any one is willing to let us tag along please pm me
    thanks for the offers of help lads
    cheers