1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maiden voyage cancelled

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, May 10, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Was hoping to go on my first voyage on "Juan 1" last night at Burniston but there was a bigish swell running so I didn,t bother. I,m now hoping to go on Sunday all been well as it looks like the winds could be dropping off. Might have to have another go in the garden ;D It,s doing my head in not been able to get out.

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

why not go to peasholm park to have your first outing ray ;D ;D ;)

3. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

a nice rod to use on your kayak ray

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/info_3930.html

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,m all rodded up Tim, tackled up, Iv,e read up and I,m fed up. Just seen the forcast and it,s wind, rain and all the rest of it. It seems to happen every year, when you want things to settle down it starts to blow. :mad:

5. Volusian

Volusian New Member

Give us a shout next time you decide to venture our ... we could possibly all meet up at Flamborough or somewhere for a days yakking ...

keith

6. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

wouldn't mind a go at it myself but i think i'm too big for a kayak.was one for sale in ad mag this week.just have to stick to my yorkshire pebble. :-[

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You won,t be too big Tim. Iv,e read various posts from people (mainly American) who are man mountains by the sound of it and they do ok. There,s various yaks some of which are more suited to the bigger blokes. Just think how fit you,ll look on your wedding day Tim ;D and keep away from The Flask ;)

8. Volusian

Volusian New Member

I know a lad who fishes off a Cobra kayak and he is 24st ..! and i believe the Big Game kayaks take even more weight .. as Ramrod says some yanks are HUGE .... and they fish happliy from these yaks .. ;D

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

who knows if more people get into yaking, there could be a yak open competition on the cards, which ramrod will prob win anyway :eek: