1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maggots

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by ryanfish, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

hi guys,

going to scailing dam on saturday all ready to go but need help
    on where can i buy maggots from around the whitby area?

thanks Ryan

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

Ryan, i dont think you are allowed to use maggots on Scalley. I think its worm and power bait only, as well as the fly of course.

3. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Maggots allowed at scaling. :yes:

4. foo

Kieths sports at saltburn sell maggots Ryan

5. sparky1251

sparky1251 New Member

if thats the case they,v certainely slackend of on the laws at scalley,when i fished it any sniff ov u useing gentils they,d be spooning ya fish strait away,castrate u,confiscate ya gear and u never be seen on the water again,ide certainely double check on the laws not worth travellin to a location to find out u got no bait suitable,good luck anyway mate.

6. sparky1251

sparky1251 New Member

looks like maggot is a no no,just been on the sight and there,s no mention of maggots on there,thought it strange if there was.states worm,power baits,fly..........gentils no mention,,,,,,tight lines,,,,,o quickie for ya, blow ya worms up with a shringe sometimes picks ups a fish when static bottom bait dosnt work and make sure u take a few colours if u using power baits to.

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

Just checked their website, and it says maggots are allowed. I think the tackle shop at Guisborough sells them.

8. foo

:yes:

9. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Maggots are allowed at the Derwent Resevoir.

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ryan, take some sweetcorn too if its allowed, its the nearest alternative to pellet and spray a few pieces out with a bait catapult every few minutes over a float fished hookbait, the noise will bring them in :wink:

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Sweet corn is allowed up there. I didnt Know it was a good bait for trout though. Ive used it for carp but never rainbows

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I used it in the lakes a few years ago and bagged up with it, the noise of a few grains going in regularly whipped them into a frenzy, its the closest thing to trout pellet which of course all the stockies were reared on :happy:

13. birdsnest

birdsnest New Member

Why don't you use the fly rod ryan

14. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Ok ken, ill have tp try it next time :yes: