1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mackerel

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Rofin, Aug 3, 2017.

1. danno

danno ONE COD WOULD DO

Couldn't get there this weekend.
    Booked in for next weekend though.

2. basha

basha Blenny

soz for late reply john.

mull sesh was blob on mate,didnt do a lot first day there,just ate and drank a lot,sea was on the choppy side on arrival but following morning headed down the rocks of burrowhead to find it like glass but weather was drizzly and leathal under foot but i plodded on.i used jellies on a slow retrieve for the first hour and managed half a dozen pollock to 3lb.spent nxt hour for makky for some fresh bait and never got a touch.had a pound ov ragg and some frozen sandeel so opted for that.wrasse/pollock/doggies.and two red gurnard aswell as a couple ov spring mops,it was basically a fish a chuck.headed to monreath day two for the bass and managed a few small fish at first then hit into a stunnin 5lb bar of silver,then home and the bar and a bitt ov entertainment.day 3 was a whithorn experiance and fished for the grey ghosts and did well on the upcoming tide taking 16 fish.mainly small biggest just over 2lb but they were in abundance.day 4 headed round to portpatrik and just fished the float on sandeel and had a few decent pollock to 3lb,was going to try of an evening for the conger but got distracted by people walking to the pub and eating take out burgers.but thouroughly enjoyed it mate.ile be hitting wales and ireland from now on and maybe leave scotland alone for a while apart from arbroath,but certainely leaving the south west alone for a while even if i do love the place.

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one bud seems you had a good time why change it you need to venture down the mull
    well done on the bass never had one that big
    we at mull weather permitting 22 to 24 oct for last bash

5. basha

basha Blenny

used to love the mull john but me pins n back dnt like it much,its bad enough of burrowhead getting up n down takes me 20 mins to straggle down there and it used to take me 5.used to love flat rock once upon a time but health dictates were i go these days.had to stop 14 times just venturing round the corner at patrik.going to concentrate on some local rock marks,didnt get the chance with a newby joining me last yr and he was redundant from going down and wanted to stick to man made structure lol,not my cuppa tea,rather be jumping gully's and going on my arse a bitt....hope weather good to you bud come october.

if you get the chance john just head round to monreath,fish from the cock in and work back towards port william,you do have to move mind and catch the ripps on an incoming tide but makes for exciting fishing.lures at hand or you can fish static with as big a rag as you can.lad was saying he had a few smoothies week bfor i got there from below the steps at monreath,never had a smoothy of there in 30 yrs of fishing the place but hey ho who knows there certainely round the corner from there and had odd one from mull and garliston.

just fancy wales now.i fished the menai straits yrs back for a few seasons and done really well.i just love the beaches in wales,vast and devoid of anglers.i also want to try the estuary again just yon side of rhosneigr a old hunting ground of mine,the mullet there are to die for and the fishing for silvers is vast in the menai.