1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mackerel

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Rofin, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Rofin

Rofin New Member

Hi, Anyone know if Mackerel are to be had from the harbour wall at Bridlington or Scarborough?

2. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

scarborough anywhere at high water for mackerel, best spots are marine drive, east pier end all the way back to the luna park. west pier also produces at high water. Try not to fish where boats are harboured / moored up. marine drive will also produce pollak on mackerel lures at times so keep a good grip on ya rod...:D

3. Rofin

Rofin New Member

Great information faraday many thanks. Would my beach gear be ok or something smaller?

4. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i use a 9ft shimano spinning rod, but if you have plent of space you can use something like a 12ft fixed spool rod and reel, i used to years ago. work ok but hard work.

5. Rofin

Rofin New Member

Thanks again I think I will go for the spinning rod.

• Like Like x 1
  6. danno

danno ONE COD WOULD DO

Hi. Have you had any luck with the mackerel?
    I'm prob over on Saturday.
    Thanks K

7. Rofin

Rofin New Member

I went last Sunday for a look but no fishing. A few fishing at the end of the wall don't know what they had . Got loads of feathers and spinners now so will re-visit this Sunday and give it a go. Good luck if you give it a try.

8. danno

danno ONE COD WOULD DO

Thanks mate. Good luck

9. danno

danno ONE COD WOULD DO

Any news on the mackie guys. I didn't manage to get over.

10. Rofin

Rofin New Member

Hi Danno, I managed to land a couple and my mate got 6, tasted fantastic! I used my beach rod with a Abu black max 6600 using feathers not very far from the wall.