1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LUCK TO ALL IN BELL TROPHY THIS SUNDAY

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by clifftoprunner1, Feb 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ANGLERS AND TEAMS THIS SUNDAY FOR ANNUAL BELL TROPHY

PETE (SCARBOROUGH ROCK ANGLERS)

2. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Cheers Pete, hope to see you all there!

3. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

hope pauline's got the rabbit stew recipe from the red lion, :canadian:,good luck everyone especially F.B.A.S :cool:

4. Steve

Steve Rockling

good luck all. i cant fish this year as im away with work. also local club im in didnt tell me about it

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

seen as the scarborough whitby and brid lads are a bit slow to update you all , :hurt: :hurt: filey brigg angling society are this years champions lifting the bell trophy with an impressive average weight of 0-5-6 per man. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :whistle:

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Your a dab hand at these results Bill

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

You all looked so cold and dis-heartened as I paddled passed you around the Brigg today. The water was just so clear, I kinda thought it was going to be hard.

I heared your star larker (AKA CPS) was otherwise engaged with the squirts all day :cheesy:.

Ken

8. cps

cps Rockling

yep 2 bog rolls and 12 hours later and still it comes LOL

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

i,d ave been a better dab hand if i'd known the difference between one and a flounder , :embarrass: :confused: :sad:

cps is a cloughton boy ken ,he casts to far for our club ,your only allowed a maximum cast of 40 yards in the fbas lol

10. Kevin Thompson

Well done Filey on what was a difficult day. Not a single cod caught between Argyle Gulley at Hayburn Wyke and Filey Brigg. Question is, why? OK there was no colour however there was a little bit of movement and it was a big tide.

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Seems to becoming the norm now Kev. The only things I can think of is fewer fish or more grub further out. Probably both.

12. Kevin Thompson

What about the influence of seals? One bloke counted 21 at Gristhorpe!

13. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

thats a poor day then kev ,i've often counted over forty, i dont think we get the colour we need , and when we do its gone in a day or so ,maybe due to cleaning up all the out fall pipes so there is less sediments about.

14. Kevin Thompson

Maybe that's something CPS can help with!! :laugh: :laugh:

15. Kevin Thompson

That's a good point BB. So in mankind's efforts to clean up the environment we have inadvertantly affected our cod catches!!!

16. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re : Gristhorpe,

When walking from filey to s/boro a couple of years ago, just past gristhorpe ? (seal sun bathing scar area) a lad from filey came up the cliff with his two boxer dogs.

He'd been plugging all along the rakes etc, from the get down near the caravan site area & he had a big bull seal stalking his dogs as they followed him across the runs. he packed in for fear of the seal getting his dogs.

The fish must be quite abundant to sustain the colony , or prefer a boxer for desert.

17. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i walked on past runnlings in gristhorpe area few weeks ago counted 47 seals in the back gullie all close together and there was more in the open wate

18. Kevin Thompson

Similar story at Ravenscar. No coincidence that both venues used to be top venues for red cod.

19. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

both remote as well which is what they like for breeding :sick: