1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower Tees?

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by andym, Mar 31, 2013.

1. andym

andym Rockling

After my first ever freshwater paddle I'm just wanting some info on where I am able to fish on the Tees above the barrage.

If I launch at the barrage what areas can I fish upstream (free fishing stretches) the area looked devoid of life in the town centre but most waters look like this at this time of year but I am sure there would be a pike or perch to be had with a bit of effort and it looked a lot more fishy around the road bridge at the Ingleby Barwick by pass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Theres certainly pike and perch to be had around victoria bridge area behind the bingo hall . Like you say tho ide be looking at launching around ingelkby by pass area and concentrating round there or paddling further upstream andy

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Some really big pike around the bypass area Andy, and especially where Ingleby beck enters. Its possible to launch there, but it means carrying the yak down through Bassy woods.

4. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

No, no pike around there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. andym

andym Rockling

So is it free all the way from the barrage upto and past ingleby bridge then ??????

6. Davo

Davo Rockling

Yes Andy it is. Mind you, the Lower Tees Amalgamation controls (or has access) to the Stockton bank, but the Thornaby side is free. So yakking wouldnt be a problem.

I'm not sure the ins and outs of using a craft through a stretch controlled by clubs on both banks though. I presume you would need to be in one of the said clubs, and the club may have to allow it? Brian, may clarify that issue. I know British Waterways have a scheme with maps allowing the use of a craft on other rivers as well as the Tees for clarity, but i think you may have to join the Angling Trust first.

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

I think this is it Andy, British Waterways chnaged their name to this trust.

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/news-and-views/features/waterway-wanderers-scheme

8. andym

andym Rockling

Cheers Dave might have a crack at the townie Pike when the seas away (most of the summer then lol) of course have to wait until the magical 16th

9. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Some good fish can be caught around Victorie bridge area. There are pike there as well as we often see them chasing other fish on are slipway at Tees Motor Boat club the club could do with a few new faces so why not join it only cost's somthing like £15 to join then get this £2 a month subs. The lads there catch good bags of bream and Perch also roach just of the side of the club premises. So any of you Kayak lads that like a bit of a chat about fishing / boats whatever get your selves joined we need new blood in the club.

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I've been seriously thinking about spending some time kayak fishing the Tees, just could do with some launch sites further upstream. Anyway, I know they catch plenty of Bream/Silverfish at Stockton which usually means the Pike won't be far behind. If you are ever planning a Tees paddle and would like a bit of company then give me a shout Andy :yes:

11. andym

andym Rockling

Will do Sam its only around 5-6kms to Ingleby road bridge from the barrage launch so not too bad but would rather be out on the sea any day but knowing our weather should see a launch at some point through the summer